1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198044936124 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Suffy :3, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Suffy :3

Suffy :3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53436373
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198044936124

Victim profile: 76561198067138474

What happened? Description:
    Hello, I'm here to make a complaint about an user that stole 15 TF2 MannCo. Keys from me. I was going to sell some TF2 keys for Paypal money (yes, I am fully aware that I'm not going to get anything back from steam support). I found a guy with a fair price to sell keys on TF2 Outpost (http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/25047219). I 've checked his steam, it looked really safe to make the trade since he got a lot of tf2 items and csgo ones too, lots of friends, years of service, and 100+ games on steam. Everything went normal, I sent the keys and email, and waited. He said the money was already sent, I was going to check it out and for my surprise, there was just a bunch of nothing. I was going back to the chat to say if he sent to the right email, he deleted me and blocked too, changed his nickname and profile picture. His backpack was empty, nothing more was there. Lots of effort getting those keys to end like this, the worst thing is, I'm going on vacation in a hour so I can't keep in touch with this case.​

Provide Evidence:
    Put em up: hey
    Suffy: Hello!
    Suffy: I'm looking to sell some keys for money
    Suffy: 15 of them
    Suffy: but I want to negociate with you
    Suffy: is that ok?
    Put em up: tell me, sure
    Suffy: each 5 keys = 10 dollars, is that okay?
    Suffy: on my country if I do 9 each 5 keys I'm going to have a big tax on the value
    Suffy: so no kind of vantage for me
    Put em up: hmm
    Put em up: it's okay
    Suffy: nice!
    Suffy: so, let's start
    Put em up has accepted your request to trade.
    Suffy: my paypal email is [email protected]
    Put em up: okay :) wait me, i confirm the trade
    Put em up: i send the money
    Suffy: loggin in
    Put em up is now Offline.
    Put em up is currently offline, they will receive your message the next time they log in.
    Suffy: f✿✿✿✿✿✿ scammer
    Suffy: reporting you to SteamREP and SteamSupport​

Attached Files:

2. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    For future reference, when doing PayPal trades you should always looks for reputation threads of the person you're going trade with. Games and inventory and years of service shouldn't be used as reputation.
  3. Alarap

Alarap New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47272222
    Hello. I am the owner of the account . Sorry to read this. Someone stole my Steam account . This is an old account of mine and was defrauded of waiting for someone to defend myself.
    I have already sent a ticket to Steam and within days will recover the account. Sorry about your items.
    And thanks for warning and stop the scammer, please don't trade with that account for now.
    Sorry for my english.
  4. Put em up

Put em up Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42335198
    I talk with Steam Support.
    I regained my account. It was a scam through "phishing" (links). From Russian user. But i don't remember have opened a link in not long ago really...

I have a pic of user through inventory history.

I guess I can help here . I hope that you get your items.

Really sorry.

Attached Files:

5. Put em up

Steam:
  6. Suffy :3

Suffy :3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53436373
    Thanks for the updates, btw. I don't think that I'll recover my keys.
  7. Put em up

Steam:
    Hello, can you get me this report from more than 8 years ago? I explained at the time what happened. I don't like to see my account with this stain lol
  8. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Did you pay back the user whom keys were taken by your account? Even if you say you didn't do it you are still responsible for YOUR account at all times and anything that it did.
    Once you do that post back here with a full screenshot of all the communication in steam chat you had with the victim here and the trade history and send me a PM.