1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561199358661914 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Sarkani, Jun 24, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarkani

Sarkani New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37099286
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561199358661914

Victim profile: 76561198034464300

What happened? Description:
    The accuser added and messaged me saying he was interested in my three 2023 Crimson Treasures. The accuser sent me screenshots of successful trades he did and showed me the "+ reps" in his profile (now, by reading this forum, I understand that it doesn't mean anything). The accuser said he would Venmo me the money for the treasures. I agreed with the offer, and told him I had more treasures (I paid the TI ticket for my wife and a friend, and got treasures on their account). The accuser said he would also be interested in the other treasures I have. He sent me a link with a trade offer to one of his alt-accounts, saying he is a YouTuber and wanted to record a video for his channel. I accepted the trade offer with my three treasures to his alt account. I asked the accuser to pay me the agreed amount for the three treasures, but he insisted I send him the fourth treasure and then he would pay me the total amount agreed. I said that I didn't feel comfortable sending any additional items without him sending me any money, and asked him to send me the treasures back after, which he agreed to do. After the 7-day trade-lock period expired, he said: "I can't control myself and opened the treasures". Now, he keeps insisting I send him the fourth treasure and then he will send me the total amount we agreed. I fail to see why he can't send me the money for the items I already sent him so I at least know I can trust him and send him any more items.

In hindsight, there are some red flags I didn't see, like the price agreed was just a few dollars below the item's price on Steam Marketplace or the fact that I am sending it to his "alt account" instead of the one I'm negotiating with.. Also, his steam profile custom URL changes constantly - for both of his accounts.​

Provide Evidence:
    I am sorry the first screenshots don't have a time stamp - they were taken on my second monitor, which don't have the bar showing the time/date.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    What alt account?
    Sr profile block pls.
    Also Trade history with that account full screenshot. Need your payment history for whatever source you were using for the day before this started till now.
  3. Sarkani

Sarkani New User

Steam:
    This is the alt account profile:
    | steamname: Zero
    | steam3ID: [U:1:177595168]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:88797584
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198137860896
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/765670951176110108312A
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198137860896

Sorry, I don't think I quite understand this: "Also Trade history with that account full screenshot." - isn't my last screenshot just that? The trade in question happened 8 Jun, 2024 with Zero.

Transaction history for both sources discussed included as screenshots.

Attached Files:

4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Trade inventory history showing the trade with this account - and/or the other one. Not asking for the payment history yet
  5. Sarkani

Sarkani New User

Steam:
    Understood. So the last screenshot I posted before covers it? I'm uploading it again.

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok same screenshot this time open trade history thru web browser, hover mouse over user name so it shows up their Steam ID at the bottom of screen.
    Full screenshot again.
  7. Sarkani

Sarkani New User

Steam:
    Here you go.

Attached Files:

8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks will review soon no need to reply again unless requested
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
    Sarkani likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.