1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected 76561198001558616 (REDDIT SCAMMER)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by DarksUn, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarksUn

DarksUn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20646444
    |steamID: Delyso
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:0:20646444
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001558616
    |customURL:
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198001558616

Hi there. I found out I had a reddit scammer tag about a year ago for no apparent reason. I appealed it, and never got an answer, so I thought it was rejected. Well, I recently saw on the page that it was actually accepted and I've been unbanned there for probably more than 6 months, but my steamrep page still holds the reddit scammer tag.

How would I go about getting this removed, or is it permanent? I'm not too bothered with it as I don't really do any Steam trading these days, but it'd be nice to have it sorted out.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
  3. DarksUn

DarksUn New User

Steam:
    I can't log in with my steam account, it's giving me an error:

Thank you for fast reply though.
  4. takethepants

takethepants New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27332147
    Steam Community API is down.
  5. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Can you try again? I think I have enough info to verify which account you were, but you can help confirm that if you try to login again.

The problem right now is that Steam's very flaky and that's breaking the site's ability to query SteamCommunity.

I made a tweak to our forum code to be slightly more resilient to Steam problems like that.
  6. DarksUn

DarksUn New User

Steam:
    Alright, works now. I've linked my Steam to this account. Do you still need me to make a topic on the appeals section?
  7. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    I reformatted your thread for you and moved it into the appeals section to avoid this dragging on a bit.

I've looked into your claims and your appeal was granted by REDDIT, but your backpack is private so I can't finish verifying you're clean. One of our requirements for appeals is that your profile/backpack must be public.

Thanks.
  8. DarksUn

DarksUn New User

Steam:
    Oh, didn't realize users only wasn't enough. I've made it public now.
  9. DarksUn

DarksUn New User

Steam:
    Oh, didn't realize users only wasn't enough. I've made it public now.
    (delete doublepost, it said "no response, try again" but apparently the post went through.)
  10. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Hey there, what was the evidence you provided in your REDDIT appeal? Can you clarify?

You ended up with the scammed items the day after the scam. What did you trade for them?

You traded two of the rare hats the next day to another well-known scammer. What was that trade?
  11. DarksUn

DarksUn New User

Steam:
    The whole tag was apparently from selling a scammed item on Reddit. The person who originally owned this item had found the thread of mine, and thought that I was the one who scammed him. This was a year ago though, so I have literally no clue what I provided them in my appeal, nor do I remember about what trades I have done, but I thought they handled it.

Anyhow, back to my original point of posting here, I assumed the Reddit scammer tag on my SR page is now invalid as my appeal has been approved. If it is true that you people also have to approve my appeal before an external tag can be removed, I'm afraid I can't do much. If you want, you can look around and investigate, but I can't provide you with any proof because there's simply no way I'd have any material of those days anymore.

Thanks for your help, and if the tag stays, so be it. It's not a big bother as I've said in my earlier post, but it would be nice to resolve.
  12. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Well, for such a long time, we have to just be sure you didn't go on a mad crime spree since your appeal. :)

Actually, if you can just look at your Steam inventory history as described here, that's probably all I need:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/howto-provide-evidence-with-screenshots.3488/#post-11334

A quick screenshot of your inventory history where you traded with this fellow:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198056785399

and the trade where you received the Unusual Cloudy Moon Flamenco.

Thanks!
  13. DarksUn

DarksUn New User

Steam:
    It doesn't actually show anything:

[​IMG]

As I said, I haven't done any trading in over a year.
  14. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Hey there, can you tell me what you know about Adrian, Team Deviate, and DiceFortress?

Thanks.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  15. DarksUn

DarksUn New User

Steam:
    I've seen some videos on YouTube of him talking to his victims over Skype. I can't seem to find any of those videos anymore, but there's some video where he says he's out of the business in a long conversation, almost an hour long. That DiceFortress was a raffling group, and it closed because Adrian was scamming it's members and people found out. All I know is what I could find out with Google and other resources back in the day.

I don't see how this is relevant to my case though. Are there some other problems as you stated that prevent the tag from being removed?
  16. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Since your memory isn't working well, I have no choice but to leave this account tagged. I'll remove the REDDIT SCAMMER tag since the community (which I'm an admin of) granted your appeal, but it's clear to me now you were deeper involved with scammers than your foggy memory seems to reveal.

Based on the evidence I have that you aren't even slightly forthcoming about, I'm going to give you an SR SCAMMER tag and you can make a formal appeal here and have a different SR admin look into your case to see if you can remember a bit more about last year's trades.
  17. DarksUn

DarksUn New User

Steam:
    Your guess isn't enough. Could you share with me the "evidence" as you call it? As common logic suggests, you can't have evidence of nonexistent unless you make it up.

As I have mentioned earlier, a tag on this site is little to no harm, and I wont be appealing any further tags as it seems to be a huge waste. If need be to trade in future, I will just make a new Steam account.

Thank you for your effort, Mattie.
  18. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Best of luck to you. I do encourage you to appeal if you remember a little more about your trades last year. Seems like they'd be pretty close to your memory if they were the last trades you did. Most people remember what happened when they cashed out.

Good luck to you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.