1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Procedures leading to false taggings

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by T-Virus, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Rob is a sad tale indeed.

He abused a position of trust, he abused his friends (Mattie I am sure is heart broken, and he had himon his FL for a long time), but such a blatant scammer deserved to be tagged, and in all honesty a public flogging with removal of testicles would have have been well and truly in order: beats the hell out of me how he can walk among other living beings and not feel like the piece of s✿✿✿ he showed himself to be.

And you Parazit?

Why on earth do you bother to post here?

Ethics are not something to be debated in general terms, I must presume everyone has parents. It boggles the mind why you mention "rob" or "xyz".... you are responsible for your actions, comparing yourself to others does not mitigate your actions.

You are "successful" you say?

You could make more money faster, pulling soda, pumping gas in terms of an hourly rate, rather than scamming no-nothing kiddies in TF2.... the difference is one career is honorable, and the other just marks you are someone who has no redeeming features, and life, history and everything else of consequence will just pass you by, no will remember your name.

I have no sympathy for any of the pathetic losers in this game who attempt to lie, cajole or defraud others. I am very forthright in my views on ethical behavior, and the appreciation I garner from those I help means a lot to me. Those of you who sell your integrity for a few pieces of silver, good luck to you. You will never know what friends are, you will never know trust, because you are not worthy of it, you will never know virtue, because it is something beyond you ken.

Just how do you feel when you scam some kid out of his valuable item? Feel like a big man do you? Do you get a rush out of something so pathetic? Personally I just love to step in and help people, and when I appear on a server, people know what I stand for... you?

I wonder in those quiet times, when you are alone with yourself, and you look in the mirror, are you even able to see the face of the beast which is the real you?

I guess everyone chooses where they stand: I stand for integrity and safe trading, rest of you scamming little pricks out there (you know who you are)... may you burn in hell.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    When there is a sensitive case and it is trivially open/shut, it will get resolved quickly. When it is part of one of our affiliated communities and a decision is finalized, we have a responsibility to act as quickly as possible to reduce confusion on our stance. This is one of those cases, and the response was handled publicly (whereas a lot of accidental trade with scammers 'final warnings' are handled as a direct notice to the person and not publicly).

Forte, if you recall, you PM'd me privately to look into your appeal regarding due process and I acted on evaluating your concerns quickly, did I not? You're yelling about favoritism, but received quick attention when you had concerns. There's nothing we could do at this point to make your life happy with SteamRep, unfortunately. :(

For more background on our policies for trade with scammers, DS has a solid response here.
  3. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Oh no I'm just making some points that I think are important. I personally love SteamREP and what you guys stand for! I am not one of those guys who hates SR and wants to bring you guys down and hurt SR. Even as a non-admin/moderator... A completely unrelated to SR party, I enjoy commenting on scammer/appeal threads and participating in "General Discussion" threads!

I fully support you guys, and that's exactly why I am posting these comments. I post them as a fully supportive party of *most* SR and SR affiliated communities. If I have come across as someone who hates SR, that was no where near my intention nor the case. I am just trying to supply what I feel is constructive criticism that is fully relevant to the topic T-Virus has started.
  4. T-Virus

T-Virus Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20848740
    R.I.P. Burning TC
    Ambidextrous and Lavender Town like this.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I don't think sitting here and bad mouthing Rob is called for - while he may have some dealings with scammers doesn't give you or anyone else the right to bad mouth him or say he should be feeling like a pc of s✿✿✿ as I don't see him like that one bit from the help he provided me as I had communication with him or many others for that matter.
    Champelliot likes this.
  6. Rob

Rob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4565259

Abused a position of trust? No.. Also, I'm degree's more useful than your entire staff. Blatant? I'd love to see those troves of evidence against me that aren't just chatlogs. The reason I can walk among the earth and not feel like a piece of s✿✿✿ is I have the odd ability to understand things on a greater scale.

Have you ever asked yourself, I mean truly sat down and asked yourself... Am I wrong?

I strongly doubt it. Because I'm willing to bet the answer you come up with would surprise you.

I'd suggest instead of constructing some overly verbose response to this (I won't read it), you actually sit down and drink a cup of tea. Ask yourself some real questions, and give yourself the time to come up with real answers. No need to tell them to me, I've already found mine.
    ForteSP likes this.
  7. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:

ROB vs. VENGANZA!!! TAKE YOUR BETS. Personally, I got 1 ref on Rob
  8. Rob

Rob New User

Steam:
    For the record, I'm not in any way interested in an argument with the guy, he does a decent job. I just dislike my name being dragged into things. Especially when the details of what's being discussed aren't anything privy to the parties waving them about like a flag.
  9. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    awww I got excited, hahah.
  10. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    If you are not happy to have your name mentioned, you should not have engaged sold you soul to scammers for a few pieces of silver.

If you want to give permission Rob, I am sure someone will publish the shots of your admissions here. I do not have the authority to do that.
  11. Elmer F Fudd

Elmer F Fudd Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1464757
    To be clear on my stance. I never said it is a FACT that T-Virus trades and works with scammers. From the evidence I have seen it is my OPINION that T-Virus works knowingly with scammers. Most of the time if T-Virus's name is brought up, we as a admins, kill the topic and move on. Because its not even worth discussing. But when I have expressed my opinions I have been very clear, I always state from the evidence I have seen it is in my opinion that he knowingly trades with scammers and does it in a way that does not get him caught. Dodging rain drops in a thunder storm. I always end my bias opinions with some version of this, "While I think he should be marked, he is not a marked scammer, anyone is free to trade with whom they want and T-Virus is not marked so do what you want." So, while some (Forte) might think I hate T-Virus (hate, a personal feeling which I wouldnt waist on anyone in this game or on a assumption I have) it couldnt be further from reality or what opinions I have. There is nothing personal about anything, I have a opinion based on evidence that people have sent me. I dont spend one second of my personal time looking for anything on him, everything is brought to me by people. Im sure all that evidence has been, in some way, sent to SR. So I defer to SR to make a tag or not.

So... Until the time I stop getting evidence every other week about this one person (that is just one guy in the 93 million backpacks in this game) and SR can be officially be done looking into this guy. I will have my opinion and express it when ever I choose and do so with the unbiased ending of he is not marked and people can trade with him and have no worry about getting a tag.

So dont throw around FACT statements that you think I made FORTE, because they are not fact. You took what you heard and twisted it in a way that supports your belief that TF2-Trader hates T-Virus. As a guy that is permanently banned from TF2-Trader, pls dont bring your biased few points and selective hearing into this conversation and start drama or misleading statements that define a community thats only goal in this is to stop scammers and try to clear up these issues with T-Virus. If anyone hates anyone I think you may hate TF2-Trader and take your ban personally and use this as a forum to rant.

EFF
  12. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    I do not know the case about Rob but I can tell you that he has spent many a days helping me in my earlier trading career. He has always been fair, honest and has never judged me for my actions when I got my caution tag. I think he is owed as much in return. If you have "evidence" of actions he has done in the past then until you have authorization to showcase them I think it's best that Rob be given a right not to have his name dragged through the mud. EVEN if he is guilty of doing some bad things, the fact that he has helped the community in other ways for a LONG time and has always been nice and fair to thousands of traders should be respected. He never once took advantage of other traders to defraud them in any way.
  13. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Its a pretty short story for why he's marked. Should ask him. Can be said in 1 sentence, and the text on his public note is a hint. Is also the reason why he's so "trustful", for that is his role with it. And he didn't stop with it either.
    Rob likes this.
  14. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Other then what Data has said, we are going to decline to discuss Robs tag further.
    Oz' dak1ne and DataStorm like this.
  15. Rob

Rob New User

Steam:
    heh
  16. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    My post was almost ENTIRELY fact. They were things I heard you say over the microphone with my OWN ears. I distinguished what I know to be true and what I have heard as a rumor. Don't even try to say I blew things up. I knew what I heard and I simply stated it.
  17. T-Virus

T-Virus Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20848740
    More TF2-T admins lying in the thread.

Remember this Fudd? http://pastebin.com/hg6XuKGY This is the first time I met you.
  18. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    That conversation made me laugh...

As a result, I can't resist saying....

UMAD EFF
  19. Elmer F Fudd

Elmer F Fudd Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1464757
    And? Like I said I have my own personal opinions. I've said that clearly. No where have I ever said you are a scammer. I have said clearly, that you are not a scammer, every time. I have told people my opinions on you and said they can trade with you all they want. LOL, i stand behind my words.

If you copied and pasted something into pastebin and say I typed it I guess it must be true. Dont remember it, but I wont dispute them because it doesnt matter one way or the other. When someone asks my opinion Im free to tell them. But like I continue to say, you are not a scammer lol. Not ONE SECOND has been put into dealing with you personally, I only get evidence and comments from others and pass it on. So from the evidence I have seen and heard, I stand behind any opinion I have on you. When I stop getting random people every other week sending me evidence that looks like you work with scammers, then my opinion will change.

The FACT statement I was discussing was me calling T-Virus a Scammer. It might be semantics, but there is a difference when I give my opinion and end it with telling people he is not a scammer and anyone is free to trade with him as apposed to straight out saying hes a scammer. People can make their own decisions. Like I said, I dont tag the players, SR does and I leave it to them.

If you want to say my opinions are FACT that TF2-Trader hates T-Virus, then I must decide for everyone (I didnt realize that). I have my own opinion and I could care less what anyone like T-Virus or Forte thinks. The only reason I give T-Virus any benefit is because he is not tagged and I think SR does a pretty good job at what they do. I dont hate anyone, ive stated that, its a game I dont waste that emotion. As an example T-Virus is banned from our servers, I have no idea what it was for, but if you were to come on to our servers, I wouldnt ban you on my personal opinions because my personal opinions dont factor into TF2-Trader. Ive actually never even had a conversation with you, so I dont even know if you are a "b✿✿✿✿", but it is something Ive heard a lot from random people over a long period of time.

And Forte I didnt say you BLEW up anything. I said you have selective hearing and are repeating only what supports your bias "FACTS" of TF2-Trader and what you think I said. You were right when you said what you said was "almost" correct. Regarless it is no more applicable then my opinion of T-Virus. Its all opinion and hearsay. The fact remains that I always end my opinion that he is not a scammer and people are free to trade with him, which they are. I have no doubt that what your heard was FACT to yourself, but it is not fact in reality. You are just here to start drama, its that simple, too me its obvious why. So please keep saying that my opinion matters in this conversation and it creates FACT of a communities beliefs.

You want FACTS, here you go. I get 3 or 4 people every two weeks add me and give me evidence that they believe shows T-Virus works with scammers. Because of the shear volume of these and all the opinions on him i hear, I have developed my own opinion that I dont like T-Virus because I dont like people who work with scammers. Do I personally have a reason to dislike T-Virus, nope, never dealt with him, ever. Like I said, Im more than happy to change my opinion on him when the shear volumes of shady stuff stop getting thrown at me.

So paste all you want T-Virus and start all the drama you can Forte, it doesnt change anything. I have my opinion of T-Virus but it is not the opinion of TF2-Trader, its my opinion. That is the only reason I commented on this thread.

Do I dislike scammers and people who work with scammers? Do I take evidence being thrown at me constantly serious? You Betcha. Where there is smoke there is fire. Id be happy to say there is no fire, but god damn, there has been a lot of smoke for a very long time.

EFF
  20. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    This isn't... WASN'T about you. T-Virus brought up that he has become a target of TF2 communities. You and Anti-Protest are both admins on the TF2-T server and therefor REPRESENT that community. I quoted you and your all mighty jackass of a leader and posted what you both said about t-virus. It's about the entire community.

Also, since you have oodles of evidence (from these 3 or 4 people) that t-virus is constantly trading and working with scammers... Please feel free to post it. I'm sure we all would love to see it! Anyone can falsify evidence, anyone can try to harm another's reputation. Ever hear of a man named Lance Armstrong? I mean he only *wrongly* ruined other's for what??? 15 years!!! People can make up crap.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.