1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198031392089 Not Sure! (SOP Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Not Sure!, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not Sure!

Not Sure! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35563180
    steamID: Not Sure!
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:35563180
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031392089
    customURL:
    teamrepURL: http://www.steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561198031392089

I was new to spycrabbing.

My brother and I were sitting by my computer, taking turns playing the game. This guy offers to spycrab a bills hat, and I said sure. My brother told me what spycrabbing was, and so we commenced. Upon losing 3-2, My brother told me to quickly disconnect. I wasn't sure why, but I did.

I would be happy to repay the scammed and also provide image proof of my brother and I if needed.
  2. rawrnerozero

rawrnerozero New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23265836
    I would say no to this appeal for simple reasons and note i'm not an admin on this.

1. You were sharing accounts with your brother, meaning you have to take full responsibility of what happens to it.
    2. I've seen a lot these threads as long as I can remember, the old "my brother did it" line is getting old so I don't think the admins will accept this as an excuse unless your "proof" has somehow changed their minds(though you can just take a picture of him which doesn't mean he did it).
    3. "My brother told me what spycrabbing was, and so we commenced." I'm going to assume you told your brother what spycrabbing was and you knew full well what he was doing. If you didn't, then you should've checked what your brother was up to or you should've made a rule with him to always tell you what he was doing before he's allowed to do whatever he pleases.
  3. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:19172005
    Following this up. Will wait for you to come online.
  4. Not Sure!

Not Sure! New User

Steam:
    To respond;

1. Yes, I realize that. That is why I am willing to repay him his items

2. I can take a picture of us together, but like you said, taking a picture doesn't mean he did it. I can prove that we are brothers and use the same account, but I don't have the evidence to prove he actually did it.
    But what if I take a picture of us, with a sign he's holding that says "I did it? -Lordsafari" that way you'll know, because he's admitting it himself

3. I was texting with my girlfriend while he was playing, I trust my brother enough to make the right choices. We're family, we trust each other. He obviously didn't think it was that big of a deal, however I do think it's a big deal, and that is why I'm posting about it
  5. SatensAngel

SatensAngel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47207102
    Hello, i am the person that was scammed in this spycrab, after learning both sides of the story i would like to forgive not sure, if the items scammed for are returned (in the same value as was worth before.), i can relate to having issues with sibbleings for i myself have a younger brother and he too does things such as these.
  6. Not Sure!

Not Sure! New User

Steam:
    Thanks for being understanding :)

Repayed the scammed, hope this resolves things
    [​IMG]
  7. rawrnerozero

rawrnerozero New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23265836
    I'm going to let the steamrep admins to decide whether is this should deserve a second chance or not. For me personally I would probably just give you one last chance then that's it. Though I advise you to not share accounts with your brother anymore.
  8. Not Sure!

Not Sure! New User

Steam:
    Okay, enough's enough, I'm tired of being labeled a scammer when I'm really not.

It's been a few days now, and my stream rep representative has talked to me only once. With all due respect, perhaps more time should be spent on this case besides asking a few questions the first day and not doing anything for the rest of the time that has passed.

No offensive, this kinda sucks
  9. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    I have had real life obligations and my TF2 admin life takes a back seat to more important issues. I apologise for the delay but I could have at least deliberated a decision if you had not disconnected when I was undeniably ready to sort your case out there and then, with many hours to spare. That was no fault of my own but yours.

Additionally, if you feel you are hard done by, our appeal process is designed to accommodate our availability and readiness for the case. Not yours. This is so we are equipped to handle it so the right decision is made. There has been ample evidence to tag your account for malicious behaviour so the virtue of patience would put you in better stead than your unwanted disrespectful opinion. The "my brother" defence did it is a well known scammer testimony (too many scammers use it) where it is explicit your account conducted the scam, it would be wise of you to simply hold your tongue and wait. Just some friendly advice.

However, I am referring your case onto another admin as I simply don't have the time to handle appeals at the moment.
  10. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Glados is now handling your appeal. Wait for his correspondence.
  11. Starburst

Starburst New User

I'm up to date with this case. The appeal is not if the account scammed, both you and the vic have the same story. The account did scam, but your appeal is based on the fact that your "bro" did it or directed you to do it if I'm correct. The account that gets tagged is the account that did the scamming, its your responsibility for the actions on your account. If valve vac bans your account for hacking, and you write them a support ticket saying it was your brother, they will not lift the ban.
    I'm inclined to take the same approach, but will hold off for the immediate moment, check your pm in a day or so for a message from me.
  12. Not Sure!

Not Sure! New User

Steam:
    * community decided to ban you for scamming. We do not overturn unless that group does.

Quote found from http://steamrep.com/faq.php

Satansangel has decided to overturn my tag. Will you follow your own FAQ?

When you state that the account is a 'scammer', I must disagree. It is the people who own an account that makes it what it is. I've resolved the situation as best as I could, but now my account is labeled as a scammer. My account hasn't been hacked. I've let me brother onto my account. That isn't hacking. I've taken responsibility. I've returned the items, made up with the 'community that has decided to be me for scamming'. The fact is that I can prove it was my ' 'bro' ' by taking a simple picture.

Well, now what?

I'll be patient. I realize you guys have lots of real work to do and can't focus all your time on me
  13. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Your actions don't simply stop at the victim. We need to determine whether you are going to be a threat to the community at all. One victim isn't the community. You made amends to one person who has no power to overturn your tag. Read your quote properly.

This faq was related to community bans. It is in relation to the collective, i.e. group, not the individual. If you want to quote our faqs and attempt to be a smart ass at least try and be smart. After reading your responses to this thread I am glad I am not handling your appeal, you would only get one decision from me. You took no responsibility with your account, yes the account is labelled a scammer (this is correct) because the account had engaged in the scam. There really is no disagreement, it is explicit, even with an admission from you, the account had scammed. Support mechanisms see it in black and white like that.

Returning the items means nothing. You wouldn't have to return the items in the first place if you didn't scam him. And I'll tell you now what. Refer to the posts above.
  14. Starburst

Starburst New User

After thinking this over awhile, I know;

A) the account did scam, no question.
    B) both of you (your brother and yourself) were there at the time:
    • at least one of you should have reasonably known what type of activity leaving w/o paying was (and why your brother told you to leave the server) scamming.
    • The "Blame My Brother" excuse therefor does not hold up at all.
    C) You did repay the items, but only weeks later (in an attempt to clear your tag)
    D) You, as atom pointed out, lack any personal responsibility for your account,
    • we cant determine if your using your brother as a scapegoat or if it really was him and not yourself, but as above, irrelevant.
    • even if we decided to remove the tag, we have no assurance that your brother will not do something like this on your account again or even his own at a later time.
    I reviewed this case since last Wednesday, and as I said then, unlikely to be overturned. Now, I'm just that much more sure.

Sorry, denied, the account did scam and that's the long and short of it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.