1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question on Middlemen

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by the_best_noob, Feb 2, 2013.

1. the_best_noob

the_best_noob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52405770
    Just a question, should you use a middleman for paypal trades or not? I've seen guides mentioning it and guides telling you not to because it is pointless, and frankly, I'm confused. I'm sure most of you know the answer and I'd greatly appreciate being informed. Thanks
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Depends on value and both traders.

If the value is high, and the guy going first isn't trusting it enough that the other party is going through, use a MM.

If the value is low... well, that can be a calculated risk, if the both can agree on who goes first.

If one trader has more reputation, the other should go first. Always check that thread to be of the real site (fake sites are around), and it to be of the real owner of that reputation thread.

Always check out the proposed MM to be a real Admin or MM of a trusted community, for there are a lot of impersonators around. The MM will always check out both traders, and if there are risk factors too high on either, he'll refuse.
  3. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    I cannot stress enough, with Paypal trades of any value, the seller should always use an MM, because if not you could lose you s✿✿✿ in a second, and 99.99% of the time, it ain't ever coming back :)
  4. the_best_noob

the_best_noob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52405770
    Thanks. Looking to get into the unusual market soon(just gotta wait till crate 40s stop dropping) and I definitely want to go about it properly and not lose my hard earned hats/money.