1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is his arguing legit?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by The Incredible Mr.Satan, Feb 4, 2013.

1. The Incredible Mr.Satan

The Incredible Mr.Satan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:21096522
    Chatlog:
    The Incredible Mr.Satan -- Me
    DènnisNewstream ? -- Stranger

Never tell your password to anyone.
    Montag, 4. Februar 2013
    21:50 - DènnisNewstream ?: Hello guy ur selling a Strange Festive Rocket Launcher i could buy it for 125Euro over paypal if ur intrested got plenty of rep on my profile
    21:53 - The Incredible Mr.Satan: use paypal to upp your steam wallet, then trade via steam - but ill have to overthink this a bit though
    21:54 - DènnisNewstream ?: Can`t add my money to steam cuz its not on my card its on my paypal account so i can`t add it for some reason :O
    21:54 - The Incredible Mr.Satan: steamdoesnt support paypa?
    21:55 - DènnisNewstream ?: They do if u buy if the money comes from a credit card not from steam profile -.-
    21:56 - The Incredible Mr.Satan: not quite sure if i understand - let me think about it after i finish palying
    21:56 - DènnisNewstream ?: Okay .
    22:06 - DènnisNewstream ?: gonna sleep in bout 20-40mins so would preefer answer before that
    22:06 - The Incredible Mr.Satan: it will take way longer for me
    22:07 - DènnisNewstream ?: Okay got more time tommorow at the same time
    22:08 - The Incredible Mr.Satan: k
    22:08 - DènnisNewstream ?: Okay bey then
    DènnisNewstream ? is now Offline.
    Im quite inexperienced with tf2 paypal transactions and would like to know if this guys (DennisNewstream)
    reasoning is solid. --> "Can`t add my money to steam cuz its not on my card its on my paypal account so i can`t add it for some reason".
    (I think trading via the steam marketplace (steam wallet) is way safer)
    [I hope this is the right place to ask... also sorry for my english :)]
  2. Rob

Rob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4565259
    Do not do this trade, people who do not listen to Rob always wish they had. The only difference is the timeline.
  3. The Incredible Mr.Satan

Steam:
    Would you mind explaining why not? (or was "The only difference is the timeline" the answer... If yes, am i an idiot?)
  4. [~M3~] cj4981™

[~M3~] cj4981™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50995766
    Well he is paying 125 Euro which calculates to about 167 us dollars. Sf rockets are going for around 45 keys. Keys people sell keys on outpost for 1.30-1.40 us dollars. He is overpaying by around 100 bucks. Sounds fishy alright....
  5. The Incredible Mr.Satan

Steam:
    Steam marketplace has them for 115+ € and i overpriced mine (200€) so his price is ok (imo).

EDIT: overprice cause i didnt really plan on sellling it (too tiresome to find someone :/)
  6. Rob

Rob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4565259
    I'm predicting this ends badly.
    Cuttlefish and Dronefly like this.
  7. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182

but why would he overprice yours when he could buy one from outpost for $100 less. It's definitely a scam.
  8. The Incredible Mr.Satan

Steam:
    thank you all, ill insist on trading via marketplace (->should be secure - comments?), if he doesnt want to, he probably was a scammer.. -still dont know if his reasoning was right, but your prices explanation makes a lot sense.
  9. [~M3~] cj4981™

[~M3~] cj4981™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50995766
    They could still charge back via marketplace. Im not sure if steam will give you back your item for that...
  10. The Incredible Mr.Satan

Steam:
    but there is proof that he bought my item, also steam would have to charge back themselves (because he transacted via his wallet), which makes steam "vulnerable" to me claiming back my item.
    (sorry if im kinda unclear, its 4am here ./ )
  11. Starburst

Starburst New User

Steam will not pass any chargeback loss on to the buyer, that's why they take 15% in fees to cover that sort of thing, and if he did, his account would be disabled until he paid up.
  12. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    i have never had a problem paying steam wallet money from my paypal account without a credit card. He is a scammer. I ASSURE YOU!