1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

is dota2prices.com a legit site?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Muninn, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    1: He isn't only talking to you I suggest (or a PM on steam would suffice). This is a public forum and while I am not a mind reader, I would imagine ForteSP was airing his thoughts for the enlightenment of others, certainly I think most of his comments are valid and worth a response.

2: You might not want to debate, however as I said reasonable questions are always best tackled head-on. Perhaps a debate would be good, let us do it together, a good old mass-debate is always worthwhile I find :)
  2. Starburst

Starburst New User

It better be a civil debate or you wont be debating long.
  3. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Perhaps... We should find ourselves a moderator for our debate then... OH WAIT
    I think we already found one :)!
  4. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7604873
    @-GoV- Ok, I'll answer to him, but i know he will read something else in his mind again, like the last time :)

@ForteSP
    Man, you are mixing tenses, read the sentence again... carefully...

People using us as reference, returning visitors, comments on our blog, bunch of emails (feedback) - ok, you can see +/- (sry, my bad)

Read my sentence again, and again, and again, if necessary.
    Yeah, we don't have open system like backpack.tf is, but we are working on it to be community driven. You didn't even ask if we plan to do it or maybe working on it, just flame because we are not community driven. For now people send us emails, we go trough trade channles, etc... Seems like you didn't work on new projects or startups and you never heard about MVP (Minimum Viable Product). If you want to learn something about it, get a book Lean Startup from Eric Ries. That should be enough for a start and then you will know why did we start like this and why we are doing this...

Load of crap? Lies from my mouth? So what, I need to share my google analytics with you? Ok, I will, just so everyone can see how stupid and unconstructive your flaming are... http://i.imgur.com/Qim8bO3.png
    And please stop talking about something you are not into it... just looks stupid, and ask before you shitpost, ok?
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

lol, this kind of attention just gave them a impulse....
  6. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Getting 15k users ONCE... Very different that 15k users on a daily basis. If I win the lottery. i win A LOTTERY not all of the lotteries

Also, shitpost. I simply analyzed your message. If you want to see me s✿✿✿ post, check elsewhere as SteamREP is no longer the place for it.
  7. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    Sry, I just came to state that we are not doing this so we can scam people around like Aces said... that's all. Attention? Impulse?
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I'll have to call you out on that ForteSP, he has a upward trending from it, and fast grow spurts are to be expected at a certain size. Unless he gets a downtrend in the coming days, its a valid argument. Also, DotA is bigger then TF2 by like 5 times now.
    http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ for a indication.
  9. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

oh, and on this, never learned? any attention gives impulse to usage/visitors/users, be it good or bad.
  10. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Fair enough, I'll concede that point and apologize to you Mr. Painstik.
  11. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    Ok, we don't have 15k a day, yesterday we had and seems like we will have today also. Sry for lying... :eek:
  12. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    Yes, that's truth, the worst thing is when people stops talking about you/your project... That means its over...
  13. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    Thanks, apology accepted.
  14. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    I'm just curious are you the Dota2Prices Spokesman or are there other admins as well? I'd be curious to hear their takes on the future of your website.

Also, I just want to make it clear I am making my critiques as a completely irrelevant party. I don't play dota and I never will.
  15. [SCANDAL]Rina

[SCANDAL]Rina New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60940472
    Should just rely on your own judgement or ask for a Pricecheck from either your friend or Reddit
  16. DARKLY | Jakk

DARKLY | Jakk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44479885
    When will you people learn...any one with half a brain can set up a site, and a little more, you can have a system running, set up to where you have a guide on trading and even a price list.

All of these sites, including this one, are guides, that traders can look to, as well as many others, more or less known, to have an idea on how to sell/trade your items. Legitimate or not, it's just a guide site. Since it has nothing to do with scams or fraud, or any of the sorts, I'm pretty sure the question was answered. Whether or not the prices are fair, that's something a trader has to decide. (I also don't think SR should be a place to come here and s✿✿✿-post about a site and it's content...)
  17. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

@Jakk, any is welcome to express concerns regarding a site / community / server and/or w/e related to trading. Some ppl bash or w/e, but so far I didn't see any real concern vs this site.

That it has the same inherent problems currently as the TF2 spreadcheat has to do with the methods of gathering prices and how stuff keeps updated.

TF2 Spreadcheat got condemned for activities in relation to the TF2 Spreadcheat and buying/selling abusing those self set prices. He did also some bad stuff on using alts on SPUF to do push/pull the site or w/e, but that is not some for SR to really look at. He tried to appeal, and then started to link the thread on the TF2 Spreadcheat site to call in the users of it. We closed and ended it for that, for we won't be bullied.
  18. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    I must say that Painstik seems to argue valiantly in defense of something he truly believes to be a potentially good product for the DOTA community. It is important that you respect a person and his efforts as long as there is no foul play involved or suspected. Perhaps there was a bad call made initially on the launch and they have learned via negative feedback from the community. Also the fact that the whole mistrust and condemnation of tf2spreadsheet was not that long ago can honestly be attributed to quite a lot of the immediate hostility you are experiencing. I personally DISAGREE with a structure of a site such as backpack.teamfotress because i don't believe it makes sense to have a community "vote" on item's value. It is too easy to have a high demand for a rare product get devalued because everyone "wants" it and vote a low price on it and "offer" a low offer on trades. It does NOT mean that this is the price that the product is worth. People who own a product get to dictate what they will charge for that product to people who want it. That is the nature of trading. It is then the decision of the person buying to spend the money wanted. You can not "force" someone to sell just because majority wants a price reduced. Although all these sites should ONLY be used as reference and not as a bible, unfortunately not a SINGLE one of these sites warns people to only use their site as a guide but all make it seem to the new trader as if their prices are MARKET prices instead of LAST KNOWN or APPROXIMATE prices. The one thing I like that these sites do is they give a spread in the price. Perhaps it is better to have some sort of raw CSV or something of that nature readily available for people to download if they want proof of prices. Again, creative criticism. Also, no reason to have a stamp time of "last updated" column so people know when the last time the price was reviewed. Anyways. Good luck to you Painstik and team. I hope you guys produce a good product and don't let others dictate to you what you should or should not do since you are the ones putting in the efforts, not the critics.
  19. Cedar

Cedar New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30888088
    it's the spreadsheet for dota.
    think of the things that happened with spreadsheet.
    therefore, i wouldn't think its legit.
  20. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    That's quite an ignorant comment. The concept of a site and the owners and how they run it are two different things. Its amazing how simply someone can brush the idea off and assume everyone operates the same way. With that philosophy we are all scammers because scammers play tf2 and we play tf2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.