1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198081185019 (EnchantedBlue - ALT ACCOUNT)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Leon Hunter, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Leon Hunter

Leon Hunter New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11985604
    I'm a Server Admin over at Ozzy Furocity. We run some pretty extensive alt account monitoring on our servers and it picked up this guy's alt account when he joined our servers. The original account is currently marked as an SR Scammer and we thought you'd like to know he got himself a new account so you can mark it accordingly

Original Account:
    |steamID: OLD USER
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:0:41074264
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042414256
    |customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/enchantedblue
    |steamrepURL: http://www.steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561198042414256

New Alt Account :
    |steamID: ✩EnchantedBlue✩
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:60459645
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198081185019
    |customURL: N/A
    |steamrepURL: http://www.steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561198081185019

Evidence:
    • The new account was created within the last month.
    • The Profile Image, Headline and Location of both accounts are identical.
    • The Friends-list and Name History of both accounts are near identical.
    • The "OLD USER" references the fact that he has made a new account on his profile (hence his current name) and states that it's called "EnchantedBlue". Doing a search for that name reveals only 2 users, the two accounts listed above.
    • Both accounts have been active on our trade servers using the same names etc (Link to Stats)
    • Our ALT Account Detection system linked the two accounts by their connecting IP Address.
    As you can see, pretty open and shut. Thanks.
  2. ★EnchantedBlue★

★EnchantedBlue★ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60459645
    Ok mate, there is no need for this report/marking. I created an additional account because I did some pretty bad s✿✿✿ on the OLD USER account, go ahead do whatever you want with the OLD USER account, but I've completely changed my ways of that sort of bullshit. Yes, it is a alt account but I really can't see how I've used the account in such a way to get reported and marked. Don't make this a big deal, I enjoy your servers for trading use only. This alt account does not need to be marked if there are rules that state that I'm not allow to have a second steam account, that's technically not your problem. I don't not intend to use this account for any purposes under scamming, hacking or violation of Ozzy Furocity's rules and terms.

Thanks.
  3. Jin

Jin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51175636
    Scammers will always be Scammers. ;)
  4. Leon Hunter

Leon Hunter New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11985604
    I beg to differ. SteamRep serves two important functions which I will explain.

Firstly: To help protect the honest traders on Steam from being scammed by people who are known to have scammed in the past.
    Secondly: it is to act as a deterrent against scamming, because if you get Marked as a Scammer you will have great difficulty getting trades, getting onto trade servers and generally being trusted in the Team Fortress 2 community.

Both of these functions do not work if Alternate accounts of the same person are treated as completely separate entities. Imagine if every Scammer could just make a new account and wipe away the past, scamming would be rife. It would be like your bank letting you close your account and open a new one just because the old one has a debt of $40k. Obviously, thing's dont work that way in the real world which is why, when it is found that a known Scammer has an alternate account, it gets reported and tagged appropriately and I make no apologies for reporting it.
    SudasGalva likes this.
  5. SudasGalva

SudasGalva New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41774078
    As Leon said above, any scammer tag that has been handed down belongs to the individual themselves, not just to the account that received the tag. All alt accounts of marked scammers are given a tag as well.
  6. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Thank you. I have marked this thread as ready for review. A SteamRep admin will continue processing it shortly.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    While it is admirable that you have turned from the crimes you were doing in the past, we have an obligation to warn people that you did do these things so they can make an educated decision regarding trading. Therefore I must mark these and the rest of your alts. Thank you for the report. :)
  8. ★EnchantedBlue★

★EnchantedBlue★ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60459645
    While I still think that it's a little unfair that I can't use any of my favourites websites and servers anymore. I guess it's your call. Appreciate the sympathy.

Thanks, Blue.