1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Why isnt this guy marked as a scammer?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by ¤CvG¤™ Señor Paco, Feb 14, 2013.

1. ¤CvG¤™ Señor Paco

¤CvG¤™ Señor Paco New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26432244
  2. takethepants

takethepants New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27332147
  3. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    I don't believe for an instant he got hijacked.

First he trades with helly (multiple times). Then he fake scams helly, readds him and pays him.

Then he gets "hijacked" and scams users for real. He should be marked, in my opinion. Even if he was hijacked... it's like if you let your brother on your account. Your account is your responsibility, if someone scams on your account you still are responsible and will get the mark unless you pay all the items back. I honestly don't understand how he was able to get away with multiple trades with a scammer and then this ...
  4. ¤CvG¤™ Señor Paco

Steam:
    Also he had said he was going to give back my unusual. Which he hasnt and he no longer has it in his inventory.
  5. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19459148
    Why not getting a full mark if he's hijacked? Many thaat got hijacked request to be marked here and ask to get unmarked when they get their account back with a proof from a support ticket.
  6. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:

The behavior he used while he was "hijacked" was too similar to what the real bbonkers does. I don't believe he was hijacked. If someone fakes a hijack, why should they be unmarked?
  7. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19459148

That's exactly why i said, hijacked or not, it deserve a tag IMO, in order to protect the account AND the people that might get scammed by it.

If he really got hijacked, he can appeal with a support ticket proof.
    Steam support know VERY WELL, if an account is hijacked or not.

Guessing on "his behavior" to determine if he's hijacked or not enough to be a SOLID proof. It's easy to appeal to that as it's not a trustable and solid proof.

BUT if you tag everyone even if you think they got hijacked. then only the true hijacked people will be able to provide enough proof that show they have been hijacked.
  8. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    I thought you were disagreeing with me and saying he should not be tagged.
  9. ¤CvG¤™ Señor Paco

Steam:
    For the people who run this site, do your job properly, or don't do it all. This person is clearly a scammer, but you guys don't mark him. Whether he got hijacked or not, that account is still accountable for its actions.
  10. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111
    Do your job properly?
    Wow what a nice mark of respect to people who try to help others and answer asap at all scam reports, they are human, not machine...
    If the site didnt exists you wouldnt even whine about this... seriously mate if you are not ok create your own website with scammer database, and answer all reports you will have everyday.
    Darn i hate this kind of people disrespectful... you can use another site if you are not ok with this one? oh no is there another one?
  11. [Gent] Commodore

[Gent] Commodore New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29230809
    you're evaluation of the situation in no way proves guilt. simply not believing that he was hijacked means nothing.

that is a stupid and false statement.
  12. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

There was.... they gave up after 24 scammer reports.... and long before SR came along, there was also a sourcebans clone type of thing, but they didn't do anything in public like here with public record of reports and appeals, and it had only ~10 bans, while on SOP there where like a 100 or so in back then the "scammer db thread". It got abandoned as well.

A site like SR needs ppl that pretty much dedicate a lot of time of theirs to it, they didn't. With average 50 reports a day, slowly going up, its not trivial to keep up. Couple weeks ago I announced that there where 9001 marked scammers... SR is now at 9650.

Somebody yelling SR should do its job?? yeah, right.
  13. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    Too bad you dont pay them any salary so why dont you just s✿✿✿ up and show respect tot he volunteers who try their damn hardest. Easy to flap your yap isn't it?
  14. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    I had no idea he did not give you the hat back. I saw Steam Support tickets showing he was hijacked. I HAVE to go by EVIDENCE, not conjecture. Since he has not given back your hat as agreed, however, I have re-tagged him as a scammer.

If an account is hijacked, the owner of the account is NOT responsible for what the account does because he/she does not have control over the account. If you got hijacked and the hijacker scammed people, you wouldn't want to be marked as a scammer. You didn't do it. You had no control over your account. If you're hijacked, you can't control what is happening to your account and I assure you it is the worst feeling in the world.

I'm doing the best I can. :( We have limited tools and I'm up until wee hours of the morning doing reports. All I can do is go by evidence. That's all I can do. :(
  15. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    * hugs Helen *

(Exception are those silly people who fake hijacks in cahoots with evil scam type douches)

:p
  16. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Why then are we responsible for what our "brothers" do on our accounts then, just curious. It's just hard for me to understand why these two situations can be separated... Either way you are not the one on your account who does the scamming.
  17. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Update: He just got Valve trade banned on his main account, guess Support realized he did fake his hijack and scam people :/.
  18. JJJJ

JJJJ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31380005
    Most of the time when someone's "brother" takes control of their account and scams, it is someone lying. If they can prove that it in fact was not them who scammed, they are usually unbanned.
  19. Nero Chinki

Nero Chinki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30535511
    Not doing our job because we are unsure / dont have solid evidence on a certain person? Well then lets just forget about all these;

[​IMG]

All 9742 of them.
  20. Sud

Sud New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:6925509
    Don't see your signature at the bottom of the paycheque pal