1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Massive Increase in Valve Trade Ban

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by ForteSP, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    Well as far as i´ve seen followed 7 traders who all is dealing carded keys 2 of them got banned for 14 days :S rest is still active even after a report to Valve with all info, so question is weather or not Valve is using them to find the people behind or if they just have given up.
    And 5 days is enough for the bank to withdraw the payment, to give you a exampel you find out that your card has been stolen then go to the bank and say it, takes TOPS a day for the bank to stop the payment and should be instant for Valve to see it in thier sales database, however it all depends on how quickly whoevers account/credit card that gets abused finds out, personally i check my netbank 2-5 times a day and my paypal just as often, so in my case i would see it right away however i have a feeling the people doing this is mainly abusing people who dosnt even use thier cards much online, for it to work over longer time. But dunno i cannot talk about that part before all data is in fact made public.

However that is how people used to abuse ebay before they got the new rules and regulations which kinda shaped things up, so my guess is same trick just a different platform now.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    I'll just chime in briefly to mention that if you know of:
    • Accounts/alts brokering for item dupers or hijackers
    • Accounts/alts selling or brokering for carders
    • Accounts/alts brokering for scammers
    Please report them to SteamRep with the best evidence you have so we can investigate as well. This is especially important if these people have a green tag on SteamRep or are a well-known member of the community. We don't want anyone to keep their community-granted/earned reputation if they are knowingly dealing in scammer activities they know are bad for the entire community/economy.

We have spent a lot of time the past few months investigating high profile community members and some were found to be corrupt or grossly negligent. There is more corruption out there, but we don't have the evidence... please step forward if you have such evidence.
  3. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Also, Valve has started to community ban accounts, PERMANENTLY. Quarian, Happy Parazit and another friend of mine no longer can access steam community or sign into community. valve even changed Quarian's name to his real life name, which is against their terms of service. I think this has gone way to far on Valve's end.
  4. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    For true repeat violators of ToS this seems like something they should have been doing all along. It's interesting to see they are doing this more often now.

This is surprising-- I don't think that's warranted.
  5. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    That's exactly what I feel. It's one thing to community ban, but giving out their private information and name is on a totally different scale.
    Valve removes their profile picture, and renames them to whatever the put as their name when they signed up for steam or steam support, I guess :c

http://steamcommunity.com/id/quariaaan/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/dillahead420/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/chuvak_v_shtanax/
  6. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Looking at it, it might be the login name of the account. But it doesn't make sense in that either. But as that is in Valve's hands, we are no party in that.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    That is a possibility. I think that might be the answer.
  8. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111
    btw kotparazit deserve it, I wont say it's unfair. just my opinion. After having logs of his conversation with one of my mate I am quite sure he did fake hijacked himself(see the dupes items he had several times), or even tied hijacking.
    I can try to get those logs maybe if my friends still have these ones :).
    Pretender likes this.
  9. KNIFE FIESTA

KNIFE FIESTA New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23811220
    yes it is login names
    absolute breach in privacy, unnecessary

1 year ban
  10. KNIFE FIESTA

KNIFE FIESTA New User

Steam:
    after no help at all from steam support
    "Unfortunately, we will be unable to assist you further with this issue."

please help me in getting my account back!
  11. MarcusGT

MarcusGT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26035162
    I suspect a lot of this is the trickle down effect to the Steam Community Market. Valve has always known about the trading market involved with their games and slowly but surely they are looking for avenues in which to participate (profitably) in that market. As a consequence, Valve needs to better police the trading community as they are becoming more a part of it rather than this distance "enforcer" they have been in the past. I think the Market will continue to allow for more item types to be traded as time progresses and valve wants to keep it, and the traders, as honest as possible. There is some collateral damage but as a whole, and as other users, like Venganza and Mattie, have pointed out, the net outcome here should be a beneficial one to all the honest traders out there.

The other side of this is the natural tendency for fraud to manifest itself in places where there is sufficient size and incentive (monetary) to justify the risk. There is now a cross-pollinating Dota 2 and TF2 market place that continues to grow and it would appear has opened the door to more fraudulent activity - whether it is Russian credit card key scams or brazen duping/alt account scams. These create a lot of uncertainty and have damaging effects to the integrity of the marketplace. The truth is these scams are very detrimental and should be dealt with properly.

My two cents.

-m
  12. KNIFE FIESTA

KNIFE FIESTA New User

Steam:
    AMAA i guess

steam support told me essentially to f✿✿✿ off
  13. quarian :3

quarian :3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43661510
    I told them to f✿✿✿ off, didnt work to well

ToS doesnt have anything about selling duplicated items, steam use it as a placeholder for something they cant put a name to.

no it isn't, jamestziavaras is my real name, not my login.
    The fact its on my profile in a way i didn't approve of breaches their privacy policy.
  14. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    After reading privacy policy (including exemption for searchable data), and given I can only find cached OutPost results, I would have to agree that such quick checks tend to confirm Valve's action breeches their own policy.
  15. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    Well sadly not the first time that has happend, i seem to recall it happening to a few other guys in the past aswell, wont change anything tho since no one is gonna pull them to court or even start a legal action against it. So kinda useless infomation sadly.

As sorry as i feel for Quarian for his privacy breached there isnt really anything to do about it, sure you can call valve or support ticket and so on but doubt it helps.
    Oz' dak1ne likes this.
  16. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    In any case, this is all a very unfortunate mess
  17. KNIFE FIESTA

KNIFE FIESTA New User

Steam:
    yo q they used my login so its weird theyd use ur real name
  18. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Well, from SR's perspective, we have no influence on Valve in this. As we don't have the info that Valve has, we cannot judge in that either.

As for publicizing the personal info (real name / login name) by Valve outside the permission of the owner of the account, I personally find that wrong, there is no need for that, but that is my personal view.

/edit: regardless, I doubt that that was done out of spite, but after deliberation at Valve, reasons unknown. Might ask that in your Steam Support ticket?
  19. KNIFE FIESTA

KNIFE FIESTA New User

Steam:
    "You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account." never did this

i figured out a possible reason

me q and parazit had names as jokes

TRAP GOD: I f✿✿✿ED THIS ECONOMY
    quarian :3 | Watch TF2 Burn
    "Happy Parazit" crashing market
  20. TemioMAN

TemioMAN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45707254
    I think that people need to understand that steam employees who work in the community management sector do not necessarily know the community and therefore do not do background research on a player. Therefore the only thing they have is the trade and chat logs, and if those logs show that player 1 traded player 2 a unusual el jefe then they may not see the fact that it was actually a spycrab, and so player 2 gets trade banned. I think people need to understand that firstly if you are trading a high value item they should state a mini contract in the trade chat e.g. Do you agree to trade this unusual el jefe that you lost in a form of tf2 gambling? So on. And also people need to understand that sometimes steam employees are just doing there job and may not have any interest in the game or its community whatsoever. My two cents
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.