1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Massive Increase in Valve Trade Ban

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by ForteSP, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Crab or trade or paypal trade, does not mean a thing. Honestly, if you get stuck with an illegitimate item, you are s✿✿✿ out of luck. :/
  2. hippyscum

hippyscum New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18503944
    If it helps narrow down the reasons, I just got my account prohibited: can't buy, trade or gift anything. I don't do cash trades (done two in the last year, in August and December). I am an active trader but I'm very careful about what I trade, I steamrep everyone who tries to sell me any item worth more than a few refined and check their join date, etc. I've turned down good offers before because it was a scammer offering it which is what a responsible trader should do. I do have a lot of idles but there's nothing in the user agreement about that. So I have no idea what has happened, but the message I got is curiously lacking in detail; it just says I've violated their user agreement.
  3. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    I just lost another friend today to Permanent Valve Trade Ban, looool. GG Steam.
  4. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111
    They still can play or the games are also blocked? because if games are also blocked that's a shame, they bought games, these are their goods, they cant steal people's goods, I mean in Europe they can't...
  5. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    This only counts for EU people, not sure about the US law can look that up later if anyone asks.
    And this one is the big question really, Valve cannot deny you access to your games in anyway, if they do it is theft even, as the games you have bought is yours and you should always have access to them no matter aswell as always being allowed to buy in the shop, however what valve is legally allowed to do is limit your account from not being able to trade or send and recive gifts or the community.
    Anything else and i would file a civil action law suit, as a exampel my account is valued just near 10-14 grand, so if they removed my access to my games it is a easy math, stright to court for theft.
    I already did deside if i get a trade ban which may happen as i know i have had one batch of frauded keys which i also already wrote to support when i found out, then i will accept the trade ban, lucky enough for me it is my first offence which normally means 15 days, i can live with that and i will take that, yea it sucks but hey i f✿✿✿ed up i deserve it.

So after a lot of talk with dak1ne, datastorm and kitten i started to change my trading rules completely and so far they seem to work, true i dont get as many keys as i used to everyday but i still make enough to go around and enough to keep afloat, sadly there will always be a risk for a ban no matter what you do, i had to delete 5 duped buds so far and i tend to delete any duped stuff i come across to avoid getting into problems, now not everyone can afford this but rather simple to avoid these duped items that also is creating problems lately.

1. open a person inventory in backpack.tf or tf2items.com (never used that one myself tho)
    2. check the item if it is duped
    3. say no to the trade if it is duped

End of story.
  6. Penitent Exile

Penitent Exile New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4344088
    I'm not sure how Valve's SSA goes well with private property right etc... I mean, that's tyranny.

Btw, is it safe now to trade keys between alt accounts?
  7. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    SSA dosnt go above the law, they did try that and so did origin in a case in the EU. Speaking mainly from EU laws here, you CANNOT sign away a law by getting people to digitally sign a piece of paper in anyway.
    If your in US and want info i will be happy to look it up but the laws are sooo confusing over there :x
  8. Penitent Exile

Penitent Exile New User

Steam:
    Well, yeah, Europe laws are different from US and Valve is registered in US. But I still cannot believe that you simply cannot do anything about SSA even in the count. And Valve will own you in any case. :(
    What kind of democracy is that?
  9. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    I will look into the US laws about this subject during the weekend and let you know tbh as i am a bit confused last time i read them about a few things so cannot sadly speak about the US laws aswell as i know the EU or international laws :)
  10. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

There is no need to delete duped, a lot have been traded so much since, that there is no way to be involved in its original duping scheme for most. Just keep them asside and wait out what happens with them... there is no point in burning money when its not winter.
  11. Penitent Exile

Penitent Exile New User

Steam:
    Yeah, you can have alt acc for trading duped items, just to check Valve's reaction.

Ok, thanks. :)
  12. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    I am not account restricted, rofl.
  13. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    now account restricted* rrrg. That two minute edit window, haha.
  14. KNIFE FIESTA

KNIFE FIESTA New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23811220
    babby got his first acct lock

support threatened to take away my steam games, ffs
  15. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    Erhm they cant do that :S where do you live ? US or EU ?
  16. quarian :3

quarian :3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43661510
    I doubt they can actually do that
  17. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    If he lives in EU they cannot touch his games in anyway, if he lives in the US the rules are different, still reading up on that as i promissed someone ealier, a lot of bi-laws and s✿✿✿ ><
  18. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    OBJECTION! http://puu.sh/2eItx/e57f618087 Valve just reversed my trade history from march 4 - march 7 and gave me all my hats back... In addition the trade history no longer exists. I don't know what Valve is thinking. They are punishing us without purpose.
  19. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    What wait ? valve is turning you into a scammer ? :eek: explain a bit more Forte coz i am confused REALLY confused.
  20. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Oh, as I stated above, I have been account restricted for apparently breaking Steam ToS... Now they have reversed all trades from march 4 - march 7 in my trade history. It's just gone. Additionally, I now have my hats returned to me that I traded during that time period.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.