1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Massive Increase in Valve Trade Ban

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by ForteSP, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    Which also means if you sold any during that period that does turn you into a scammer, contact the people you traded with and talk with them before it ends up on SR report part mate, coz that can turn into major drama.
  2. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Exactly what I'm doing right now. This has turned into quite the case now. I wonder what Valve is thinking in releasing bans such as these and then reversing my trades.
  3. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    Wise very wise coz that drama can be bad bad otherwise >< and keep a eye on the reports in case you missed someone.
  4. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    I am confused, as I understood it the ability Valve has to reverse trades means just that, full reversal. You are saying you got all traded items back yet lost nothing, no promos etc?
  5. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    Problem is if he made any sales tho :S for paypal cash :eek: as he will get those items back aswell but valve cant really refund the cash.
  6. Axeile

Axeile New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43425246
    my friend who was a high end trader, received a permanent ban with 280 keys still in his account for dota 2, after contacting them many times they refuse to give a reason why the trade ban is in place give any evidence at all for any wrong doing, get us running around in loops, saying read the subscriber agreement (which says nothing about anything to do with banning) and after asking and asking all they answer is "Steam Support is unable to assist you further with this issue. You will need to contact our Legal Department. " and they refuse to give a phone number or email address for there legal department, only a snail mail address. he has never scammed or hijacked anyone. all valve are doing is being ______ (fill in the blank yourself) and exploiting a loophole in the law, because the game is a licence, you supposedly have no rights to anything, and to fight it in court you probably will win but will cost you 1000's in legal fees... so valve isn't removing undesired players from the game, in fact from my knowledge there doing the opposite... there just suspending accounts of people who have spent lots of money on the game, to make them go and spend the money again...
  7. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    Wait what ?. Slow down first and formost where is your friend from ?
    secondly you can call Valve pretty easy to find thier phone number http://gethuman.com/contact/Valve-Software
    Thirdly they do not ban without a reason somewhere your friend may not have told you everything then or he can have been unlucky to have recived stolen keys but there is always a reason one place or another.
  8. Axeile

Axeile New User

Steam:
    il cut and paste all the discussion if it makes you happy between him and steam.... he is from china, after asking steam why the account is banned, he recieved a generic messege back from them saying
    "Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.
    In order to investigate this issue, we must verify your ownership of the software and associated Steam Account(s).
    If you purchased software through Steam with a credit card, please confirm the card type (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express), full name, and last four digits of the card used with the order(s).
    If you purchased software through Steam through PayPal.....(etc)"
    he hasent purchased game from steam except keys (DotA is free invite)
    so he asked again why the ban
    was given another generic email
    "Hello,

Your account has been locked due to scamming or hijacking another user's account in Team Fortress 2/Dota 2. This violates the Steam Subscriber Agreement and/or Steam's Rules of Online Conduct.
    Per the Steam Subscriber Agreement, we have locked the account permanently. The account will not be reactivated.
    The Steam Subscriber Agreement can be found at:
    http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/
    In addition to violation of contract, said activities on the account may violate state and federal law. Valve reserves the right to refer the matter to the appropriate authorities."
    after reading all this and still not knowing any way he has done anything wrong, and not knowing how he suposibly scammed/hijacked someone (considering they say both scam or hijack it means this is a generic email sending to lots of people otherwise they would be more specific) he then stated he has never hijacked or scammed anyone, and to please tell him how he suposibly has give any evidence, or explain in anyway how this is so, and all steam will answer from then on is
    "Hello,

Steam Support is unable to assist you further with this issue. You will need to contact our Legal Department.
    Valve Corporation
    Attn: Legal Department
    P.O. Box 1688
    Bellevue, WA 98009
    USA"
  9. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    So he only has DOTA 2 and have suddenly spend a lot of money on DOTA 2 keys ?.

If he has no other games or anything then they would consider that account a risk and therefor the ban. It sucks :x but that is most likely why it happend.
    A account without any games/years suddenly spending alot of money is often a red flag.

If he is innocent then i am sorry to hear it :S but sadly Valve has to be harsh on these kind of accounts.
  10. Axeile

Axeile New User

Steam:
    yeah it sucks for us, imagine how much more it sucks for someone in china 280 keys is a **** load of money for him, would be fine if they actually talk about it with him and resolve it but they just brush it off as if its just a minor annoyance to them, when it can be a few weeks wage or more for someone else... it isn't as if he hasnt bought keys before, but this was the most he ever bought in one go
  11. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    Well a lot of F2P only accounts are being shut down all over the world, chinese laws wont help him for sure in anyway against valve so not really much he can do.
  12. Axeile

Axeile New User

Steam:
    well technically its under american law, according to there website... all non European cases are under american law. the thing is anyway to fight them on it in court is going to cost thousands or tens of thousands...
  13. Axeile

Axeile New User

Steam:
    also http://gethuman.com/contact/Valve-Software dosent work, you click "8" customer support, and u get a message saying valve dosent offer customer support on the phone, all they tell you to do is message them on steam power, where thy tell you they no longer can help you with this issue... so in other words, they trade ban you, then they cant offer you any help what so ever, wont give you any evidence for the ban what so ever, and choose to ban whoever they want whenever they want. love the ultimate power nothing you can do about it thing... and if you don't live in america, the only way you can contact there legal department is via snail mail lol. and even then i bet they wont respond, or if they do respond you will get a generic letter saying some cr*p like "your account has been banned for reasons disclosed, thank you for waiting a month for this letter to tell you what you already knew, have a nice day" valve you are a joke
  14. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    It was a full reversal. Items I traded for were gone. Items I had I NOW own again. They didn't just let me keep stuff! That would be silly.
  15. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    I don't think there is much more for me to say at this point. I'll let you guys know tomorrow (I expect a response then) on what valve says. I'd be extraordinarily surprised if valve finds any evidence that I did something wrong.
  16. Dignity

Dignity New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32040721
    My account was flagged for trafficking items. It could've been the buds i bought, or trading the bots, which also got banned.

However, my ban was lifted as it was just a check to see all was good.
  17. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    wonderful to hear that :p. At least they aren't permabanning all, haahha
  18. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:

well this makes sense however seems a bit insane going on a banspree for that :x
  19. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

maybe not, if they where locking all within a "tree" of trades, they can close the net around it.
  20. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    That is partly true but dosnt seem to work as the people are still active at least the suppliers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.