1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

is dota2prices.com a legit site?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Muninn, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7604873
    There is not much to explain. Mr.Ham had a flop on a really rare item. I am pretty sure that the owners of Defense 2 Dog knows the value of it. I can just hope that it will not happen again until I finish my work.
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

If he's the owner, there is not much you can do. I already replied on D2T something.
  3. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    I am the owner.
  4. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    In terms of my personal suggestion... Being an admin on a spreadsheet is never any good. You will never receive any reward for it, ever. More than half the communities on both TF2 and Dota 2 will scrutinize you for price manipulation (whether it happens or not). The only outcome I could ever see happening is an eventually shark or scammer tag.

I'd seriously consider dropping off the Dota2Price team if I were you... Before this deteriorates even further.
  5. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Then as owner it falls under your complete responsibility. If I have a gun and I give it to my friend who murders someone... That's my fault for letting him carry it.

If I lend my friend my account for a day and he scams 5 people with it... Do you honestly think it matters that *he* scammed those people? He had permission to do what he wished with the account.

As owner, your admins are your responsibility anything they do directly reflects your resume and status in this community. If they manipulate the spreadsheet, YOUR spreadsheet... It's your fault.
  6. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Hmm, well, don't go down the road that the TF2spreadsheet has. As for your admin/mod "Ham", I suggest with a next "lapse" to make more permanent measures. His mod/admin-access on dota2lounge makes also for partiality, basically allowing him to adjust prices in his favor.

On others involved in the spreadsheet, it will depend on the next time something happens, provided proofs from ppl etc.
  7. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    I've invested too much of my time to drop it right now. I am going on all or nothing in the next couple of weeks.
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Forte, please. The analogies really don't work, for its not a comparable issue. As a owner he has to trust his admins, and when a lapse is, he will have to address that with his admins. When they don't learn, that will end the working relationship or access level of such admin.
  9. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Fair enough, hahah. I just love real life analogies! I'm sure you have noticed that by now, hahah. I think I have nothing more to say at this point! I'll let you guys just do your work and watch from the bleachers.
  10. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    I know him for couple of years now and I know he have some "authority issues" like you can see on that screenshot from dota2lounge, but he is not that bad when you get to know him better. He don't trade to earn money, he just likes to have those new sets for himself and he is the only guy I've met that really knows a lot of the actual prices on the market. This was his first flop and he was apologizing to me for 3 days because he did that. He is now down to earth again. I didn't want to take any actions because he was always helpful to everyone with his articles and advises. And I am 100% sure that there will not be any "proofs" for sharking or scamming. If we made this for those purposes we wouldn't go public with our steam accounts and everything...
  11. Ari~

Ari~ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36634903
  12. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

lots of "Moooo" and "Béééh" but substantiate ? pfff.
  13. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
  14. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    Seems like it's getting really important what our site says the price is for some courier / item... I don't get why don't "pro traders" try to help us then instead of lynching us... But ok, more advertisement for us...
  15. Ari~

Ari~ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36634903
    Hey, I am one of the bigger traders in dota 2 and I have tried to help. Instead of simply listening to what I was saying Ham ridiculed me saying his prices were right and mine were wrong.

He openly s✿✿✿-talked my reddit thread and people who were offering on my items saying it was over priced (this was TO the people bidding on items).

That is literally when I realized your site was crap. Moderators make or break a site. I was a moderator on D2T (I left for personal reasons) for a while so I know how they work, other than a few people we weren't even allowed to post in the Price Check subforum simply because it is SO easy to manipulate when you are in a power of authority. What you guys are doing is shoddy at best.
    ForteSP likes this.
  16. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    I know who you are and I am sorry to hear that, but I don't want to be a mediator here between you and Ham.

What I want to talk is about making Dota2Prices more transparent with more "pro traders" involved in creating something that will benefit all end buyers and occasional traders which visits our site. I think that with 20k visits a day and more than 100k unique users a month the site can not be neglected because end buyers are those which makes the market healthy.

What I want to make is to involve more "pro traders" which will work together to make prices the most accurate possible. With X community chosen "pro traders" with good reputation the prices would be changed only if at least 2 persons or (2/3 votes passed) in minimum of 2 hour span before the price is changed, so no one would be able to change the prices alone. I have also thought about community driven prices, but there is just too much of price manipulators which could bypass the system, so that is out of the question

I am opened for all the ideas.
  17. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    Spreadsheets only work when the people behind it are seasoned traders, and are well respected and trusted by the community. This has been proven multiple times not to be the case with D2P.
    The problem with your website is the management.

As for your argument "more visits/viewers = good", that's stupidly ignorant. I'm sure websites like MySpace, FarmVille , and ChristianMingle get lots of viewers too.
  18. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    Why do you even care then? ;) Please make something constructive or don't even bother to answer anything...
  19. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    Here's something constructive that would benefit the entire community: Shut down your website and avoid yourself further embarrassment.
  20. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    I am talking here about transparency od D2P with more people involved and you are talking about closing the site because of benefit of the entire community? Or maybe benefit for D2T and you?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.