1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I found something that scammers might use.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by The Scammer is the spy, Mar 26, 2013.

1. The Scammer is the spy

The Scammer is the spy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51533359
  2. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    This is nothing new.
  3. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    Has anyone bothered to look up the video poster's steamrep. It's clean and untagged. desertfox556 is the actual steam username. can match by the pic to the profile via the first 2 mins of video and his steam page he has loaded. Deserves a scammer tag for educating others how to scam
  4. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    unless you havent realised. This isn't a scam. It may be morally wrong but he does not deserve a tag. People do this allot and although he calls it the "Scammer Technique" or whatever it does not actually count as scamming and if he doesnt lie about the price/both traders agree to the deal it becomes a legit trade.
  5. Backseatsman

Backseatsman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31430526
    This used to go under the name by "gib hats pls" which was shut down. I am pretty sure this is just a "scanner" and is mainly used for sharkers.
    Regen and Melkor like this.
  6. kemoli

kemoli New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51941960
    youre so naive thinking this could be used for scamming.
  7. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    at the least some of the sharking websites should mark this guy for educating others on how to shark. This is what I would refer to as excessive sharking and educating others on how to shark. I also think that Steamrep sometimes tags for extreme sharking. Well this type of person that endorses and educates others on how to shark should be caution tagged on steamrep. The community needs to be warned from a person like this.
  8. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    Pretty sure it dosnt work anymore, just like the SOP program that was released like 2 years ago.
    Steam has made a lot of updates that makes most of these "scripts/tricks" dosnt work at all anymore, only way to make one that in fact works 100% of the time is do it via the API which lucky enough very few knows how to.

I do however wonder what OP did search for to find this :x
  9. Wasaur

Wasaur New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27012186
    I know atleast 5 diffrent working scanners, they are nothing new, in my opinion sharking shouldn't be punishable, but if you consider it morally wrong, so it be.
  10. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    And in my opinion people with opinions like yours are what make this community a piece of s✿✿✿.
  11. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    As far as SR is concerned, it isn't. We don't do anything to sharks. We do look to tag those that hang around with hijackers though.

This does not mean we think sharking is OK, just that we do not punish for it.
  12. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    I am of the belief that sharking is just as bad if not WORSE than scamming.

If you are scammed then you know you screwed up, if sharked you aren't going to find out until much later that someone you trusted as a friend or whatever or someone you believed was giving you a good deal, sharked you.

If I make an error I think I wanna know about it and feel bad about it then and there.
  13. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Not sure what you are referring to, SOP never had any "program" and was/is firmly against sharking in any form, next time, think before talking out of your ass please.
  14. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    erhm there was a long post about a program on SOP. So check your own forum prehaps ? ;) http://forums.sourceop.com/threads/24537-TF2-Item-Profile-Scanner-1-4 or did you forget that ?
  15. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Two different things, make sure you don't imply that it was something made by or for SOP again.
  16. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    Ah sorry didnt see that :x my mistake. But yea was the program i ment =)