1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Unsure about applying my community here

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by poXyz, Apr 26, 2013.

1. poXyz

poXyz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:21272186
    Hello everyone, I am poXyz, owner of WarZTrade.com - We are the largest trade site for the game WarZ. I was wondering if I should apply to be apart of the steamrep communities.
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I never looked into WarZ, I see its a game but its not steam trading in it (afaik).

Any steam community can apply for a banner and cooperation with SR. We simply ask to reject marked scammers from the community.

as for support on SR... that is a bit though, for the trading is probably within WarZ, and outside Steam client trading.
  3. poXyz

poXyz New User

Steam:
    Trading is all done all in game sadly. However we recently opened up a new forum section for only steam trades. With one day we receieved around 17 threads. Not much but its a step in the right direction.

We currently have 12,000 members..
  4. TemioMAN

TemioMAN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45707254
    Elaborate, I'm curious to know how the steam trading aspect works, never played the warz.
  5. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    I'm not sure if a WarZ community would be a good match for SR, I could be wrong though.
  6. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Is WarZ only on steam, or is it in and outside of steam?
  7. [ATG] Mufn

[ATG] Mufn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44790779
    WarZ can also be bought off their website.
  8. poXyz

poXyz New User

Steam:
    Trading for steam games or anything in WarZ requires alot of trust. Each player must meet in game and drop the items for trade on the ground and trade that way, since there are no "Trade windows" in warz yet. Typically players use my site to determine if someone is trust worthy enough to trade with. If there rep sits high enough then they make the trade no problem
    I was hoping it would be a good match only because we recently introduced "Steam Games" Trade section in for our website allowing people to start to find more trades in the steam community rather then just for more "WarZ" Items.
    Currently you can purchase warz from there website or from the steam store. However, you still need a WarZ account to access your game. The Steam version only acts as an update/patcher that only downloads the new content and new launcher for every release.

____

Another big issue I could see us having is that we never required anyone to link there steam account with there warztrade forum account since the game originally was not on steam
  9. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

its hard to match SR to this then yeah. SR is based on Steam trading, and WarZ has its own trading system build into it that does not operate with steam.
    - Tracing of ingame items is not possible
    - linking between WarZ accounts and Steam accounts isn't much of a prio for the WarZ trading

The only "link" there is if there is a inter-platform trade (tf2 or Dota2 items vs WarZ items) for then both parties need steam accounts to perform this, however it then doesn't mean that their WarZ account is bound to their Steam account... or that it even is necessarily linked between those accounts, and one could use a different WarZ account on the same Steam account...

Its indeed a hard match, and the question if it has any point is a good one for both parties. Personally I've always welcomed any community, but there must be a match in what SR is doing to make it a fruitful cooperation.

I don't see much of a match, but maybe other admins see it otherwise, I'd be quite interested in their line of reasoning.
  10. noahwilson

noahwilson New User

nice technical talk , thank for sharing this post.
  11. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164
    If I remember correctly, WarZ created a large stir when it first was released. I have never played it so I am not one to judge. As DataStorm already said ask a higher ranking official as they will make the final decision. So it really couldn't hurt if you applied. Worst that could happen is an admin could say that it is not a match.
  12. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

"higher ranking official" ? wha?

If some issue arrises, a topic is created in admins, and we discuss the heck out of it, till some consensus is met, and we follow that. We have a "leader" to have somebody to make a decision that is in doubt / opposite opinions. so "higher ranking officials" on SR is a exception mode. In normal operation, a admin can make a "final" decision. I just didn't want to here, for there are arguments both ways, and different admins might see better arguments I didn't see with my cursory glance into the subject.
  13. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Yeah, respect his auth-or-itay!

[​IMG]
  14. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182

pffft... noob datastorm! haha.
  15. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    I always thought you were just a moderator here. Very sorry about that.
  16. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I'm longest running admin on SR, I've been admin since the very start (april 2011, then on "liveweb"). Before that I helped out on the "Scammer DB" threads on SOP to help other ppl along with Diego.
  17. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    nice to know :). I always assumed Mattie! and Helenangel were the first ones here. Idk why, maybe because they are the most well known admins. My friend actually harassed Mattie! into signing his Machina at one point XD. He inflated the price substantially when he sold it. But that is a story for another time.
  18. Regen

Regen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23013129
    IMO you should just drop WarZ as a whole.
    The devs are idiots and is stealing from the community while banning people for freedom of speech.
    But that is a different story, over to the question.

WarZ is a game where trading could be implemented, however, it may cause loads of confusion and hatred towards both communities.
    There has been multiple episodes where people get mad over the fact that servers that isn't used for trading still uses the SR plugin, and thus kicks / bans them accordingly to their SR status, they found it unfair because they were totally blocked out of the game (We had a discussion about this on our stream)
    My best guess is that a lot of people would start to stirr up trouble over the fact that WarZ isn't much of a trading game, and has no connection to TF2 what so ever.
    It's not even related to steam (After it got removed from the steam marked)
    I know for a fact that there are scammers that genuinely regret their actions, and just want to start fresh. So blocking them out from just another game would at least make me pissed, seeing as it has nothing to do with TF2.
    That being sad I also think that some scammers are just downright a✿✿✿✿✿✿s that deserve to never be able to access the internet again.
    A Filthy Streetrat and ForteSP like this.
  19. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Regen, SteamRep is aimed at steam users, that use the steam trading features. So far that included:
    - TF2
    - Dota2
    - Portal2 (altho its item trading is near non-existent, but uses some items of TF2 in it)
    - Couple other games that use the steam trading system non-exclusively (spiral knight is the only I know) where ALSO within the game, outside of steam can be traded.
    - Game trade over steam for items or other games.

Also on the subject of Scammers that get banned on game servers (non-trade), the owners of the community set the policy on their community. If scammers aren't welcome on those, that is the server owner's prerogative.

Also, there thousands of servers for just TF2, and some time ago there where only less then 400 of them that had the SR plugin.