1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Am i allowed to keep these without being trade banned?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by mrLewisguy, May 1, 2013.

1. mrLewisguy

mrLewisguy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50677030
    Ok, i got hijacked a few days to a week ago on my account. But whoever hijacked my account transferred some high value items into my backpack, with the plan to traffic the stuff through outpost, but then he must have forgotten about the items he sent, and never logged back in. Now i have control over my account again and have these items. Am i allowed to have have these and trade them?
  2. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    The right thing to do is contact Steam Support, and explain the situation. My guess is they may well probably appreciate your honesty, and leave you with the items, but in any case I am not sure why you even ask, I am sure your parents taught you right from wrong :)

* For what it is worth, a similar thing happened to a trader last week, he contacted Support, the closed the ticket and he still has the item. Sometimes honesty pays I guess?
  3. mrLewisguy

mrLewisguy New User

Steam:
    Ok, thank you. I sent steam support a ticket with the question. I was planning to give some of the stuff away, to friends or on tf2r. But i didn't want everyone and me getting into trouble because i gave them a gift that i might not be allowed to posess
  4. mrLewisguy

mrLewisguy New User

Steam:
    It doesn't matter, i've found the original owners who were hijacked, gonna return the items to them
    DataStorm and Regen like this.
  5. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    I would put in a Support Ticket BEFORE doing this, and ask Support if they think it correct that you do so. For all we know Support is already in the process of restoring items to them.
  6. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164
    Good job for doing the right thing.
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

please establish with the original owners:
    - That they really where hijacked
    - That they really regained their account.

And indeed, clarify with Valve on action with the items via your support ticket.

If the victims already got their items back from support, and support is not removing them, the items are yours.
  8. noahwilson

noahwilson New User

Nice thread, thanks to all of you for sharing your feedback on that.