1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Smallest spy crab marked scammer?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by gukingofheart, May 2, 2013.

1. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    If you play a spy crab game for a single craftable weapon and don't pay up. Will you get a scammer tag or a caution tag? (If caution and you do it again, will you get a scammer?)
    What is the smallest amount for a spy crab game where you could be marked?

Just curious..not going around doing this,
  2. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    A scam is a scam. I see no reason why you would not get fully tagged as a scammer.
  3. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    Yes. Its still a scam reardless of the size.

There has also been a person that was marked for quick switching a normal series crate.
  4. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    OK, good to know.
  5. CanadianInvasion

CanadianInvasion Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11860924
    W
    Watch out for those dreaded crate scammers.
  6. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    gg
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

lowest value I've seen scammed for is 1 rec. Scamming a normal crate is pretty desperate (unless series 1, 2 or 7 or so but still).

1 guy I almost marked was a guy that gave a bills with a random paint (zebedaya green or w/e you write it I believe) instead of a black painted one. He saw sense once I got involved and told him that a agreement is exactly that: pay the agreed (swap the green bill's for a black one) or undo the trade. Trader had the chats in screens etc, and I would have marked for it.

Think this: if one steals a reclaimed, would you like to know that if you are trading a 4 bud unusual with the guy? I think all traders would like to know at that point.
  8. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    1 rec is the smallest I have taken action over.

DS is right of course, running is a straight up breech of contract and a bald-faced scam.

I do usually try to add the person who ran and explain they risk a certain tag (if there is evidence), in some cases a silly kid will realise how utterly stupid running is and pay the debt.
  9. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164
    Personally, my friend and I were marked because of 3 rec we scammed that we gave back. Like the other members have been saying, it doesn't matter how large the scam is because if they scammed someone once, they might do it again when more items are at stake. Therefore, I believe a mark is in order if someone scams a single weapon!
  10. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Well owning up to things is the first step in going down a new path Nathan.

Certainly you were not so open initially "First of all, this is utter bullshit. Sorry for the language, I am just fairly mad for getting unfairly reported. I looked closely at all of the evidence, and it looks convincing, however there is nothing that proves I am a scammer." http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198050420057.25165/

It is unfortunately too easy for spycrab runners and others who scam for the first time to actually begin, it only takes one tiny step to begin that journey, and a lot of people who gets tags do genuinely regret that simple mistake. When I catch an obviously "new player" who just ran from a crab on a server, very often I try to add them and give them a chance to consider what they are doing, in the vain hope perhaps that getting them to pay the debt will teach them a lesson. Some listen, some don't.
  11. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Goal # 419: Run on a crate crab