1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I could use some advice reporting an impersonator...

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Chride2k8, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chride2k8

Chride2k8 Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3551729
    Hi!

So I have this little problem with this one dude who has been acting like a dick and trying to rip people off (and I bet that he has succeeded with it too) and the best part is that he has been using my name.
    I found out about him last night thanks to a "friend" (fellow trader) who randomly asked if I was mad with her ("I" had supposedly said or done something in-game) me how I could be on the same server as her (yeah it's really a she) even tho my status only said "Online". At first I was like "...what..." and thought that she just wrote something wrong because English grammar isn't her strongest side but then I took a look at her "Game Information" and sure as hell there was a guy using my name there. I joined the game asap and almost immediately got a trade invite and the guy wasn't that happy with "me" but I told him about the impersonator...

Finally today when I saw that he was online again I also checked the server where he was last night...and there he was again so I went in game just to tell everyone not to trade with "me" and that he is an impersonator and also to recommend to him that he would change his name so something else. After a while I got some backup from some random people that I have been trading with some time...anyways he changed his name but still the damage is done and you never know when he is going to do that again and I also went to the server where he was so that I could save the console text as proof here but it failed thanks to faulty RAM (or something) and loads of bluescreens (that you can read more about here including the .dmp files where I guess you can also see that I was in-game when they occurred).

I was also in contact with the server "provider" and they took a look at the guys profile and history and what-nat (and they of course also took a look at my details) and basically what they said was that I should write here and that way the impersonator also would get a ban to their (lethal-zone) servers. And then I have also written to steam support about the case and asked them for help/advise.

Anyway, the real question is what all is needed to make a report about the guy? -the only things that I is a screenshot of his name history (that also can be found via SteamRep and then a few witnesses. Only bad thing is that I got the screenshots after he changed his name (thanks to hardware issues) but it still shows in the history so...I'll upload the pic anyway and also my where it can bee seen that I have used this name or a similar for a while now.

I guess that he impersonates me because I started trading with a few shitty stranges, 3ref and 2 steam games (dod & avp classic) almost 1 month ago and now I have a almost complete heavy collection that I have given to my girlfriend, I have loads (a total of 20-25) new games and then my inventory also has a semi-nice value. During this one month I have made many new "friends" and also found some "noobs" who don't know anything about anything so I have taken them "under my wing" and I'm helping them to find trades and to evade getting ripped off. I'm trying to make my way to the top and that impersonator isn't really helping with it when he is trying to get my good trades and deal, acting like a dick and last but not least trying to rip people off.

Your reading skill has increased by 1 point. Thanks for reading and have a nice day :)

Victim:
    steamID: Lapsi
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:40090190
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040446109
    customURL:
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198040446109

Impersonator:
    steamID: ☆☆☆☆☆Camper ©
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:3551729
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197967369187
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/chride2k8
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197967369187

Attached Files:

2. Chride2k8

Chride2k8 Retired Staff

Steam:
    I fail, mixed the victim/impersonator details
  3. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
  4. Chride2k8

Chride2k8 Retired Staff

Steam:
    so basically what you are saying is that I should move this to over there? :p
  5. Suttles

Suttles New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10543958
    yes
  6. JJJJ

JJJJ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31380005
    The impersonator is already marked and dealt with. Thanks for the report!
    Chride2k8 and Mr.Rager like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.