1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How did this scammer know?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Bad2zBone #muted, May 7, 2013.

1. Bad2zBone #muted

Bad2zBone #muted New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52153959
    I were trading on dota2lounge and this guy added me. When I added him he was offline so I thought nevermind, he'll message me when he is back. Meanwhile I was in game, he changed his nickname + avatar to the ones of my good friend and tried to get hook from me.

The question is how did he know that this is a really good friend of mine? I checked dotabuff he doesn't have that many games with me compared to others this month
  2. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Probably just checked your friend list, and if he was really inventive he might have check trading history between you and other such indicators.
  3. Bad2zBone #muted

Steam:
    I have other friends in the friend list lol and how is it possible to check some one elses trade history
  4. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    No. Only you can check your own trading history.
  5. Nero Chinki

Nero Chinki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30535511
    Merely coincidental or he looked at your friendslist and took the one with the date longest in your list.
  6. Bad2zBone #muted

Steam:
    I thought you can only view when the member has joined steam but not when he got on your friend list
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

you can currently only view it on your own friends list how long one resides in YOUR OWN friendslist (and only those that are NOT in-game). I tried viewing the same on somebody else's friends list, and the "friends since" does not show up, not when I'm friends with the person or not.

If you want to see it, go to your own steamprofile /friends url (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198064573646/friends ) go to your own profile, and under the short-list of the top 5 or w/e friends online there is a link "view all XX friends", when you click that you see it.
  8. Bad2zBone #muted

Steam:
  9. ZakMcRofl

ZakMcRofl New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:460230
    Yeah apparently they removed that. Pity, was a good tool to identify alt accounts.
  10. metoxys

metoxys New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27169471
    What a giant shame! D:
  11. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Easy, TF2ITEMS or similar. Trivial to check who has been trading what to who.

Can't see the wood for the trees people? Silly to presume check trading history means the Steam funtcion "View Inventory History". It is simple to see if person X has been trading with person Y, worst case it takes a few minutes reviewing item history manually and there are tools floating about which make this easier still.
  12. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    Remember. He also said DOTA2lounge. Not tf2.