1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Got trade locked and I don't know why...

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by KA-_^PA, May 8, 2013.

1. KA-_^PA

KA-_^PA New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36553666
    Hello guys.
    Well,6th may 2013 I turned on my pc and started Steam,Then a pop up appeared on Steam saying:

Steam Support Alert for kapa1337 - 6 May 2013
    This account has violated the Steam Terms of Service Agreement.

This account has been flagged by Steam Support for violations of the Terms of Service Agreement. Purchasing, gifting, trading, buying and selling items on the Community Market, and cd-key activation have been disabled.

Account functionality has been restricted.

If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact Steam Support so that we can assist you.

More info on this topic is available here: Steam Terms of Service Agreement.

I really don't know what I have did,also i'm not marked on my profile saying my trade status is banned also checked my steamrep profile and nothing.
    I know you guys can't unban me but I need some help,already sent a ticket for steam support but they still don't answer me.
    Any help? Is it permanent?Temporary?
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  2. Melkor

Melkor New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45978671
    All you can do is to send a message to Steam Support. After that you will possibly get explanation of why are you exactly trade locked and what should you do.
    VenGanZa and Mattie! like this.
  3. MacCybex

MacCybex New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22721498

Same s✿✿✿ here. I contacted Steam support, but they haven't replied for more than three days.
  4. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    be patient. can take sometimes over a week to get a response. must be doing investigation into stolen / hijacked / carded items such as keys / buds / etc
    KA-_^PA likes this.
  5. KA-_^PA

KA-_^PA New User

Steam:
    GUYS,i KNOW NOW WHY IM BANNED.
    I bought a gifted bud for 14-15 keys.
    And the user just had the earbud in his tf2 inventory,he was a dota 2 player.
    Today,I checked the history of my backpack on backpack.tf in the past days and I saw the bud dissapeared and the keys aren't also there.
    I didn't know he was a scammer or something,I couldn't avoid it.
    Checked now his trades on outpost: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/10503767
    Check the last comment.
    I bought it from: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/10504160
  6. KA-_^PA

KA-_^PA New User

Steam:
    Yes you are right,check my new post.
  7. Dronefly

Steam:
    You need to forward this information to the ticket and also state where you found the ad for it. date and time. and did you post on their trade saying you are going to buy it? show proof you were an unknowing customer to get disassociated from the scammer.
  8. KA-_^PA

KA-_^PA New User

Steam:
    Yes,im doing all that,hope I atleast recover my keys.
    Thank you for the help! If I get the keys back,i'll be sure to give you one for the help mate.
  9. Dronefly

Steam:
    I would appreciate it if you donate it to a site like this. for they are the ones that really helped you. i am merely a member.
  10. KA-_^PA

KA-_^PA New User

Steam:
    Ok guys,I got unbanned and I didn't get my items back.
    Here's a reply from steam:
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Our records show that you received a number of items/gifts that were stolen from hijacked Steam accounts. We have removed all of these items/gifts from your account. Any items/gifts that were obtained by trading stolen ones have also been removed.

To avoid receiving stolen items/gifts, please refrain from purchasing items/gifts directly from other users, especially when offered lower than market price or bulk quantities. Additionally, do not accept items or gifts for free from unknown users.

Please consider Community Market and official Dota 2 and TF2 item stores as safe alternatives for item purchases in the future:

Community Market:
    http://steamcommunity.com/market/

Dota 2 Store:
    http://www.dota2.com/store/

Team Fortress 2 Store:
    http://store.teamfortress.com/

Please do not accept stolen items/gifts or the account may be permanently banned from Steam Trades.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.
  11. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Well it sucks if you are were genuinely unaware the items were from a hijacked account.

Remember I suppose that TF2 is not all that different from the real world, if the police find you have received stolen items, they are removed and you need to seek relief from the party who sold you the items.
  12. KNIFE FIESTA

KNIFE FIESTA New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23811220
    they do this to everyone
  13. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164
    But will they not remove your ban?
  14. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
  15. Lucille

Lucille New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55216153
    Hi Sir..i got banned by steam support..and i copied their message and paste on google..and i saw your thread..if you dont mind can you please help me bro?

i dont know how could i got banned..i didnt even try to scamming someone..my level 205,mmr 5k..and i really love my ID..i just posted today my message into steampowered..but still no respond..please help me if can:(
  16. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Send a message to steam support , asking why are you banned and also explain your story to them
  17. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    We are not Valve, we have no clue.