1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I traded with a man who was marked

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Paul The Goth, May 13, 2013.

1. Paul The Goth

Paul The Goth New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46817867
    But I wasnt scammed it was a legit trade and the guy is my friend, it was a legit trade im just wondering if I can get in-trouble or marked as a scammer for trading with him.
  2. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    If you traded >8 key/1 bills value then yes you can get in trouble.
  3. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    A good friend would never put you in jeopardy :)
    Oz' dak1ne likes this.
  4. Paul The Goth

Paul The Goth New User

Steam:
    It was a s. syringe gun and 1.88 in metal for a s. crusaders crossbow. Is that gonna get me introuble?
  5. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    No, however I would not get into the habit of trading repeatedly with him or any tagged player. As I said if he is a friend he would not want to put you in any risk at all right?
  6. Paul The Goth

Paul The Goth New User

Steam:
    Thanks and no he dosnt want to get me introuble. Thanks for the advice.
  7. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    Good, that is what friends do, look after each other.

Trading with marked players (repeatedly and with prior knowledge that is can be an SR issue) can result in caution/scammer tag.

In your case, trading some low value item almost certainly would not in my opinion, but as I say, it is best to simply not trade with any marked player friend or not. The simple fact that you post here and ask is a good sign that you care about such things.
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Correct
    SR will look into:
    - The worth traded being more then a Bills hat.
    - Any unusual hat.
    - Any Money transaction trades.

SR won't look into it if its just items vs items total worth (from either party, not total of both sides) less then a bills.
  9. Burnt Waflles

Burnt Waflles New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32594014
    Now, I believe I have seen this answered elsewhere, but I forget. Lets say items of smaller value are traded/scammed multiple times over some span of time, and there is sufficient proof of the multiple trades/scams. I would assume that this would also be investigated, assuming the value was significant? I would certainly hope that an individual, being dedicated enough to scam small items over and over, would be ignored simply because the value of any individual trade was not not significant enough.
  10. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164
    HelenAngel personally told me it is hard to get in trouble for a legitimate trade with a marked player. HOWEVER, I do not suggest it as he could be selling stolen goods or buying with money he received from stolen goods. Its not worth getting potentially marked.
  11. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    You guys are missing the point. The reason for the tag for trading with scammers is there is to prevent people from profiting from scamming or helping scammers "wash" their stolen / scammed goods. If you are knowingly trading with a scammer and you know the item they are trading you is acquired from scamming purposes there is no value set to it.

PS. Before I get flamed and told I am wrong about the above statement please read it THOROUGHLY!
    VenGanZa likes this.
  12. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    Don't trade with any fully tagged player simple :)
    Dronefly likes this.
  13. Hotter

Hotter New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52379701
    i accidently did i learned from my mistake and i plan to try not to do it again as i want a clean reputation in the community