1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Suggestion: Staff List

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Eoj Nawoh, May 14, 2013.

1. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    I'm aware there's one within the SteamRep Guides, but I would suggest that:

1) It's added as a link in the SR FAQ
    2) It's given its own tab, since it's helpful and you have an abundance of room.
  2. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Yeah good idea.
  3. TemioMAN

TemioMAN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45707254
    Yep good idea, but some mods and admins may be spammed a little more with friend requests wouldn't you think?
  4. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    They're already spammed with invites, like I know poor Helen gets them (if they even ever manage to get into her packed friends list) for SR appeals when she clearly states on her profile that she isnt an appeals admin and does not do appeals.
  5. Burnt Waflles

Burnt Waflles New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32594014
    While they may get "spammed" with more requests, that is partially what you sign up for in helping run any organization. It may be annoying, but I would expect any admin or mod to have some method of contact set up for people who really need to talk to them. That being said, I would still feel sorry for all the spam they did receive.

Also, While it may be a good idea and *probably* a simple thing to implement, the admins and mods are already quite busy. You gotta remember how much some of these people sacrifice, for relatively no reward whatsoever. Although it is a small task, it is not critical to steamrep's operations, it does require extra work on someone's part.

Not saying it is wrong to make simple suggestions of course. I think it is a good idea, but I realized recently how much some of these people are asked to do, and how little some consider all the other work they have. So while it is a small request, just remember to be thankful everybody! :)
  6. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    I understand, but I admin a XenForo forum. It's really easy to do. I could even write them the code for it.
  7. Burnt Waflles

Burnt Waflles New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32594014
    Yeah I am aware that it is easy, I'm just saying it still requires time. I just built our forums, new main site, configure and manage all our servers and groups, and deal with the public relations of the groups (along with real life on top of that). So even for me, adding a simple link and new page requires scheduling out a time and may take a while to get to. So depending on their schedule, it may be even more difficult than that for SR. It's not really an issue of ease, it's more of an issue of importance and time.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that it would be nice to have what you are suggesting, just saying "simple" suggestions are not always so simple.
  8. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Ummm, on Whirlpool we have "TWAM Talk with a Mod" hidden area.

I am certain most people do not use or know of the "Start a Conversation" option here on SR (also some staff are not able to be contacted this way). It might be handy to make provision for very visible link that goes to a private area visible to all Admins/Mods (+ option for direct "Conversion with an individual) so users could very easily send a PM which would be seen by Staff. A method of globally contacting all Staff privately has the benefit of not directly pestering or overburdening any single person, since such messages can be fielded by anyone who is SR Staff.

Of course just as with "Conversation" there would be a ton of silly irrelevant messages, but it would provide better service to newer users.
  9. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I'm one of those that cannot be contacted via "start a conversation"... I even proposed to turn it off completely, and am still opposed on it, for ppl throw evidence in conversations and things wont get moved to a topic etc, which will then fail to be looked into by a appeals admin etc. Same goes with the profile comments one can do.

Really, this subforum is for this kind of stuff, where others can reply often faster then SR staff, and where I reply every now and then with the "hands off" approach at this.

We are already very sparce in time, and personally helping somebody on steam chat is a big timewaster, where the answers are already SOMEWHERE on this forum, they just didn't bother to check and read their relevant topics.

So thats the reason I disabled the "start a convo" option to me, I still stand by it, but it will be on the head of whoever if they neglected to put evidence in the right place(s). Also, with "start a convo" you get dropped a "case", which you have then only the info on.... nobody else can pick that up unless all is moved to a topic.

so any way you look at it: cases should go in topics, questions in this subforum, if not already answerred on a dozen previous topics....
    Burnt Waflles and VenGanZa like this.
  10. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    I suggested this as an informational aspect, not a functional one.