1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Suggestion for Steam Rep user pages

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Maddux, May 17, 2013.

1. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20658158
    This may have been brought up in the past, but would it be possible to have a tag on users who have pending reports on them? Since reports do take quite some time here (and i know the staff is working their hardest, but there is just a large volume of reports)if a user who has been reported can have some sort of notification on their profile that says "Pending reports" or something to that effect? This can be helpful for people who just quickly check a users profile on steam and just see that there is no scammer mark so its safe to trade. If people knew that this user was reported and the report is being processed, hopefully it can give them incentive to research further into a user before trading. Thanks for looking over this, sorry if this was discussed in the past, i had not noticed.
  2. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    I think this was mentioned before, but I forget the thread name.

I recall there was some problem with it, although I can see it has potential benefits. I am guessing vexatious reports would rule this idea out right away :)
  3. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    Yeh, are there a lot of vexatious reports? This notification on the profile isint a negative thing necessarily, just a message saying that there are reports. But i do see how this could cause problems, it could do some good hopefully
  4. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Honestly, if some little prick put up some bogus post about me, and my SR profile was tainted with some "pending" tag, I would not be a happy camper, and there are zillions of reports which come in and are utterly baseless.

SR is here to warn players about genuine risk associated with people, and just like a court, I doubt it would be fair to apply any indication which would be seen as a reasonable reason to avoid dealing with them until there is substance to back it up.
  5. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    Ah, very true. I guess i did not put enough thought into this lol. Well this thread can be closed now i suppose, sorry about that
  6. Backseatsman

Backseatsman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31430526
    It may not be directly obvious but there is sort of a function like this. Under 'Search Engine Queries' there is a button which links to SR. Click that and it takes you to any reports that has been made on the person.
  7. CanadianInvasion

CanadianInvasion Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11860924
    Exactly.

[​IMG]

It also has some other neat search functions. Try them out sometime.