1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accidentally bought from a marked scammer will I get banned?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by -MM- RomanCenturion, May 19, 2013.

1. -MM- RomanCenturion

-MM- RomanCenturion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40639715
    so hear is what exactly happened I got offered a secret Moon lid for my electrostatic noble he said his c/o was a burning flames Salty dog but it wasn't on outpost and so I added the guy to make sure the offer was real. I saw he was playing tf2 so I joined him to get him to accept the friend request quicker turns out he wasn't interested in the lid anymore but interested in my noble and I also liked the salty dog better. so he traded his hat plus some sweets for my noble I saw the probation thing in the trade I thought that was like a warning or something. I also didn't know you could Get banned by trading with a marked scammer. I didn't know he was marked just thought the probation thing was a warning.

i also asked the guy who previously owned the hat if he had the Salty dog Scammed from him by the guy i bought it from. he has not responded. also i will trade back.

Also thanks admins for your time in reviewing this

also this is my second post for this the first one something happened with it and part of my post wasn't there

I apologies for re-posting if i wasn't supposed to
    again thank you for your time admins
  2. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Wow, can't get much more obvious that he was a scammer then that.
    Hope you don't get banned but the rules say "purposely trade", you didn't do it purposely.
  3. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Hang on a second, is the guy SR tagged or Valve Probation?

Valve Probation is a tag which encourages users to take care when dealing with a player, there is nothing illegal about trading with such players.
  4. -MM- RomanCenturion

Steam:
  5. |LZ| Arzi_FIN

|LZ| Arzi_FIN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44922774
    If you did it on purpose, then it's your end..
  6. -MM- RomanCenturion

Steam:
    wait what? I didn't know he was a scammer when i bought from him Or that it was illegal to buy from a marked scammer.
  7. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    If he was ONLY listed Valve Probation, then trading him would be ok, however he is ALSO listed as scammer.

You did not check, but since you are posting here, it tends to indicate you traded innocently, I would take a lot more care in the future.
  8. -MM- RomanCenturion

Steam:
    Yeah I was unaware that trading with a marked scammer can get you banned I will run a background check on every person I trade with from now on. Thanks for your help. Is there anything else you would like me to know if not you can close this thread.