1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is this a legitimate offense?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by smatchamo, May 21, 2013.

1. smatchamo

smatchamo New User

I noticed under the cases that SteamRep investigates, "Formal Gambling" is included. So, I was wondering: does this include duels of sorts? I've had people who wanted to do class duels for items, and when I beat them, they disconnect, where had I lost, I would have followed through on my agreement. So I was just wondering if this is considered a form of gambling, legitimate enough to file a report? Provided there is sufficient evidence that an agreement was made, of course.

Thanks in advancce.
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

it is, but its too common, and we require agreements of sorts to be shown and not followed up... in short, you better off using a trusted admin to referee over it, holding the items that where bet.
    Burnt Waflles likes this.
  3. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    One tiem I bet man a crate. he had me all but defeat when Imake big spycrab i leev server, is that bad?
  4. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Spycrab running is a 100% tag but it is important that:

1: There is proof of agreement
    2: Proof the crab occured
    2: Proof someone ran

A demo is ideal as proof, or screenshots of text/server logs etc

As DS said, why bother reporting when you lose items? The best way to go is use a server which has good admins who will middle man crabs, save yourself the heartache.
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

he meant dueling, same class vs same class fight.
  6. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Well applies I guess, however most people never bother to grab enough evidence.
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

think that one best uses a screen recorder for that, altho that might not be so handy within the duel...
  8. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Evidence posted afterwards is also easily forged... If I forget to keep score or an admin isn't watching

I can easily say into chat "1-0" "2-0" "2-1" intermittently while people post in between and forge evidence, even if I lost to make it LOOK like I won, since no admin or user was watching.

I think demos are the best way to go generally.
  9. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

fraps.... for it gets also the side-note chats in steam with agreements etc.
    ForteSP likes this.