1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Advice on scammer brother barring me from servers

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by 1500free, May 22, 2013.

1. 1500free

1500free New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27602078
    I've recently discovered that I've been banned from CvG servers as my brother is marked as an SR Scammer and I'm connecting to the server from the same IP address as him. it's particularly annoying as I have a good rep and these were the main servers I played on. Any advice on how I can get this blanket ban removed and how I can directly vouch for my brother once they get to the appeal? Thanks :)
  2. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Please post in Appeal section in the proper format.
  3. 1500free

1500free New User

Steam:
    I'm not appealing for myself my steamrep is good and I have good rep, my brother has posted already, just curious how I can assist with the process as it does damage to me while he's marked given the way it limits servers I can join.
  4. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    If your brother has posted an appeal, then you guys should respond to any questions Staff may ask of you in the appeal.
  5. 1500free

1500free New User

Steam:
    Ok thanks, and I'm allowed to comment on the appeal in the thread I take it provided it's relevant?
  6. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    Well if you are his brother, I suspect that would be relevant.

I am unsure however, his appeal is based on removing his tag, you claim to be his brother and seek to remove yours, it may be that you should lodge your own separate appeal, but personally I am guessing it could be helpful to try to address this in his appeal thread (I am not SR, so this is a presumption).

In any case, I know there have been many cases where people pretend to be siblings, so you would probably have to provide something like birth certificate/photo evidence to SR (in private perhaps).
  7. 1500free

1500free New User

Steam:
    Ok cool thanks, I appreciate the advice :) also my account is not tagged I think the problem is that some servers block the IP of a scammer to prevent alts scamming people further on the server. The problem for me is I'm not a scammer and this is most definitely not an alt :p

Thanks for the input, I'm definitely going to try any GoV servers in the meantime while this is being resolved as nice polite admins are normally a good sign of a good server :) thank you again sir!
  8. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    That is the idea, to stop alts :)
  9. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

CvG has apparently auto-blocked your IP based on your brother's access. To Get the IP ban removed you'd need to request that to CvG. As for the tag, your brother needs to appeal the tag. Now, another point comes up, the tagging of your account. Provided you are really a brother of the original account owner, you'd need to appeal against being a alt of that account to prevent your own account being tagged a alt and getting tagged, for if the appeal of your brother is not granted.

so, TL;DR:
    - To remove IP ban, go to the server owner(s) site and appeal to remove the IP ban for being not your brother/alt.
    - To appeal the tag itself, your brother must appeal vs the tag
    - You have to "appeal" on SR vs being a alt of your brother.
  10. 1500free

1500free New User

Steam:
    I assume I amen't being marked as an SR scammer in the mean time? also surely the games on the account say it all, we both have plenty of $50+ games on each account which often overlap plus I've got plenty of rep in my own right as a trader. not entirely sure what other evidence can be provided but happy to provide it if needs be.
  11. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    You are not marked from what I can see: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198015469885