1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I want to ask one question .

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by kiminozo, May 25, 2013.

1. kiminozo

kiminozo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42132329
    Trading with SR caution user is allowed ? or not ?

I want to know about that exactly . Is that case by case ? or same with trading with SR Scammer user ?

Sorry about my poor enlgish . I hope to get good responding . Alwats thanks to Steamrep admin&moderators .
  2. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    Nothing will happen if you trade with someone cautioned, it is merely a warning that X person has done some shady things in the past.
  3. kiminozo

kiminozo New User

Steam:
    I already read about rule , "Cash trades: You will receive a CAUTION reputation tag for cash exchanges for high-value items with a marked scammer or obvious alternate scammer acount. Helping scammers profit is not something we can encourage" , but that isn't written about trading with sr caution user . I can't dscern , that mean allow about trading with SR caution user or just don't be written .
  4. kiminozo

kiminozo New User

Steam:
    Really ? Thanks .
  5. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend trusting someone with CAUTION, but it won't affect your reputation if you trade with them.
  6. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Yeah take extra care dealing with people with caution or valve probation.

I suppose really the idea is to be careful when trading anyone, it is so common for people to switch-out items or try to sell gifted items for normal ones etc.
  7. kiminozo

kiminozo New User

Steam:
    Thanks for your responding .
  8. kiminozo

kiminozo New User

Steam:
  9. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164
    Trading with a SR Scammer can get you marked if the item you traded for is worth more than 1 bills hat (8 keys). I wouldn't suggest supporting scammers in any way. My theory is that if no one buys or sells anything from a scammer eventually less people will scam because it would be near impossible to sell the scammed item(s).
  10. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Also let remind people that anyone who really wants to buy your item and is reputable, will be happy to wait until an MM you BOTH agree on is online!

Do NOT fall for crap like "I am in a rush", "I am offering you a nice deal"...

Far too often people get scammed by an MM who is some friend of the scammer, or they end up using any old user to MM. Do not get frustrated, do not rush, if a buyer will not agree to a legit MM or tells you he has someone, AVOID and move on.

Also do not fall for the excuse that "an MM will charge, so let me use my friend". The truth is most middle men do NOT charge, and the few who do (such as Vintage Cobra), mainly charge a very small free to avoid time wasters
  11. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

vint cobra charges in cases of huge number of items or long time wasted. not if its a very quick 2 item trade.

But the MM's do appreciate a tip for their time.
  12. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    I was gonna say, if a MM spends their time helping you, leave a nice tip :)
  13. McCreW

McCreW New User

Yeah if you do end up trading with someone who has the caution tag you have nothing to really worry about.
  14. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

... nothing to worry about in regards to SR you mean. A caution tag is there for a reason. Often MM's refuse to deal with caution tagged. Depends really if you should deal with them... if they want to buy/sell some low value you'd be fine, but be on your guard with high value.
  15. McCreW

McCreW New User

Yeah that's what I meant that they wouldn't have a problem when it came to SR.
  16. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    When it comes to a caution tag try to see why they were given the tag. If they were joking around with friends and impersonated an admin on a server, than you should be less worried about trading with them as if they received it from attempting a scam.
  17. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

to an admin thats no joke, maybe to the offender, trying to make that as a "argument" in defense but thats not really a reason is it? any trader worth their gut knows not to do such.