1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined 76561198035003116

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by TheMantra, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMantra

TheMantra New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47515738

Hello, I am reporting a man for trying to scam me of my hat for medic. My brother is going to help me with this.

| steamname: TheMantra
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:47515738
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055297205
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198055297205

| steamname: Wortal Wombat
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:37368694
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035003116
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/turdl3
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198035003116

Attempted scam.png trex scam.png

Hello, I was watching my brother play for the first time in a long time when he received a trade offer from Tyrannosaurus Rex here. My brother had been getting achievements in game that were indications of how new he was to it, and Tyrannosaurus quickly said that he wanted his helm and made the offer of the three weapons. Luckily, I was there to capture a screenshot of this for my brother as seen above. I took over and played along to get the full picture, where as I then informed him of how he was busted. He then went on to call me ✿✿✿✿✿✿ed and said prices were subject to change. I informed him that I would still be reporting him to steam rep (No picture, sorry, my little brother really wanted to get back to playing)

Afterwards however, I got one last shot of his steam profile. As you can see, he is quickly trying to cover his tracks by changing his username a number of times since the attempted trade. Seems he has also been reported before for scamming.

He was clearly trying to take advantage of what he believed to be a new player, my brother had not even been playing medic, so he has clearly went into the inventory to search for anything of value that he could trade for quickly. Just thought I should bring this to your attention, thanks.
  2. Closo

Closo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:21779777
    Surely he can't get in trouble for this, it isn't like he tricked your brother, your brother was just paying what he thought the hat was worth, for items he wanted.

Though the ban evasion-ish thing is fishy.
  3. TheMantra

TheMantra New User

Steam:
    How can he not get in trouble for this? My brother had no idea what the hat he had was worth, and Rex knew that, so he tried to take advantage of his gullibility to scam him out of a hat, something he knew was wrong since he has tried to dodge this by rapidly changing his name. That and I notice he has been reported for such behavior before.
  4. [T-A!]³ turdl3

[T-A!]³ turdl3 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37368694
    That isn't ban evasion, that's just a bunch of inside jokes with my friends. I did not change my name like that since the trade. Besides, I know that changing your name isn't a great defence against getting banned, lol
  5. Closo

Closo New User

Steam:
    The fact that you did it right after getting threatened is just too big of a coincidence.
  6. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    Well from the looks of this, this seems like a sharking report. Steamrep doesn't cover shark reports, though you could try and report him to a community such as MannCo Trading that does.
  7. [T-A!]³ turdl3

Steam:
    How did I know that? Prove it.

How is it a scam? Both parties willfully agreed to the exchange.

No. I could get a screenshot of any Steam account and the aliases list would look like that.

Are you seriously going to try and mark me for an offence well over a year ago that I've already been marked for?
  8. [T-A!]³ turdl3

Steam:
  9. Closo

Closo New User

Steam:
    He claims you did.

Though I semi agree, it is a shark, as streetrat said.
  10. [T-A!]³ turdl3

Steam:
    You're saying "the fact that", not "he said that".

It isn't, I wasn't trying to deceive him or anything. I never said "this is a good deal" or "these items are worth more", etc. All I said was "good?", as in if he wanted more.
  11. Closo

Closo New User

Steam:

I misused my words. I admit.

But everyone who isn't new to the game understands the price of a craftable hat. You knew damn well he was new and took advantage of him, otherwise known as sharking.
  12. TheMantra

TheMantra New User

Steam:
    Then I will report him for sharking there. Also, I just took another of your profile right now.
    Turtle now.png
    How come it still looks the same? You can clearly see your last few names, the one that matches with the trade AND the URL.
  13. [T-A!]³ turdl3

Steam:
    Really? A lot of people out there ignore the trading aspect of the game.

What's that supposed to prove?
  14. Closo

Closo New User

Steam:

Irrelevant.

Anywho. I really shouldn't be arguing with the scammer on his own report. It's inappropriate and unproductive
  15. [T-A!]³ turdl3

Steam:
    How is that irrelevant? The prices of craftable hats tie in with the TF2 economy which is TF2 trading.

And we've gone to name-calling.
  16. TheMantra

TheMantra New User

Steam:
    "No. I could get a screenshot of any Steam account and the aliases list would look like that."

Proving that yes, you did try to change your name to cover this up. Also, to show that you did do this today and that your name change was recent, here is a picture of the file info to show that the screenshot was taken less than a few hours ago.

Date as well.png

Nice try.
    Also, it isn't name calling if you are a proven and marked scammer.
  17. [T-A!]³ turdl3

Steam:
    I never said I didn't do this today lol, I never said that I didn't change my name , (once after getting reported which is somehow ban evasion.)
    What does that first statement even mean?

It is name calling because he said
    saying that I am a scammer by this report which I am not.

If you're going to use evidence, use evidence that proves something.
  18. TheMantra

TheMantra New User

Steam:
    So far I have proved that yes, you have tried to rip of a newbie to the game, yes you do understand the market, yes, you did try to change your name to avoid looking like a scammer/shark, you have proven that you lie and back pedal when your back is against the wall, and your only argument has been "Hurr durr! Market is open to interpretation!" when you know fine well what is worth what. You got caught kid, not that it matters, you are already marked as a scammer, and now, marked as a shark in other communities. Good luck on the trade sites.
  19. Closo

Closo New User

Steam:
    Don't feed the troll. Let the admins deal with him. Arguing with him will get you nowhere.
  20. TheMantra

TheMantra New User

Steam:
    That's ok, he is clearly a shark and the proof backs that up. Already marked as a scammer, now will be marked as a shark in Mann Co. I think my work is done here :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.