1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question about valve

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Futbolmaster, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Futbolmaster

Futbolmaster New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58937020
    Why does valve not return scammed items? It seems as if there is no legitimate reason, and it offers protection for people who scammed. Just like if I robbed someone's house and got caught, they would not let me keep the things I stole.

On another note, I assume this is a not legitimate reason to report someone:
    [​IMG]

It is more sharking than scamming, it happened when I was new to trading
  2. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164
    Steamrep doesn't handle sharking reports. Valve actually often does return scammed items although it is their "official" policy not to.
  3. Futbolmaster

Futbolmaster New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58937020
    Alright that's what I thought about the trade. But about the other thing...I know it is not their official policy, do the have any reason for this?
  4. Rhys13th

Rhys13th New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48386895
    What is the proper format to talk to valve about that?
  5. Regen

Regen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23013129
    They return your items if you are hijacked and on special occasion.
    They do it not because they have to Because as said it is not in their policy
  6. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

It has been abused a lot, so they don't do it much. ppl even fake hijack to abuse it, but that means for valve a disable of the account if/when they find out.
  7. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164
    But once again, if your in a really bad situation from being scammed, you might as well fill out a ticket as they might return/give you new items. However it isn't their official policy because it can be horribly abused like DataStorm said.
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

we want ppl to make tickets to Steam support tickets anyways, so scammers would get their accounts locked etc.