1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198043093660 Dronefly (SR Caution)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Dronefly, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    I am very saddened by your decision to tag me on this matter. I am actively posting my appeal and my argument into this thread, and if you feel I deserve to be tagged for this, then I ask you just red tag me and ban my account because your rating system is flawed and I bid you farewell.
  2. Dronefly

Steam:
    Just remember that I volunteered this information, it wasn't reported on me. I volunteered it because I believe what I did was right and should be reviewed on a per action basis, not as a general "you dealt" with a scammer, despite the fact that I have not ripped anyone off and have helped fix the wrong with the person who posted the appeal against the scammer. He has accepted to forgive him. Only then, did I agree to buy from this guy because I viewed the matter closed. I do not see how you can decide I "traded" with a scammer. If that is the case I want to report this person for the same infraction:

Steam ID:
    steamID: daemon
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:26049181
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012364090
    customURL:
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198012364090

Infraction offense: repeatedly knowingly dealing and trading with known scammers. PROOF:

Read page 2 of this post:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/scammer-pwned.2967/page-2
    Look at the post #34 as self admission to the crime.

Now you can use your own rule books to mark them with a warning as you have marked me for my self admission to scamming.
    If the rules apply to me, they apply to everyone.

My point proven (the one in the argument and why I acted the way I did).

Also infraction yourselves, those of you admins who have also knowingly traded with scammers or middlemaned for scammer trades knowingly.
  3. Dronefly

Steam:
    You do not need to respond to my appeal in this message. You can do so on the report I filed. I am only using this as point. If I am tagged, tag half the admins and middlemen you rate as trusted traders. The truth is you have to evaluate the picture in big. Did I take a chance when I did what I did, yes most certainly. Did I try to profit in ANY way? No. Does this warrant me getting such harsh treatment from you and sourceop. I leave that decision to ALL the admins to decide as a group. Think this through before you make a final judgement.
  4. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    not sure if that was clear lol

but ok
  5. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
  6. Dronefly

Steam:
    Thank you for clarifying that. I really DID misread it. I even went back and re-read it twice. Since your paragraph structuring was not correct and sentence order was not correct, I misread it. Apologize and did not do it out of anger, only to prove a point in my appeal. And I knew that if I WOULDNT have opened the report, I simply would have been told "then go do it instead of whining about it" or something of that nature. I consider that matter closed.
  7. Dronefly

Steam:
    You can not take 2 different reasons and combine them for the same sentence. When someone "revenge" scams a scammer it still falls under the presedence of "personal" gain as a motive. We see it in the news all the time.

However, my motives and actions were COMPLETELY selfless and I had ABSOLUTELY no motivation or GAIN of ANY sort from my actions. Can you not see the difference? How can you all sit there and not see the difference? Are your mind that clouded by this topic?

I will give you a real world example:
    Look at what happened in the US just last week. Some motorist hit a bicyclist and tried to speed off. A public transit bus driver use the bus to block the entire 2 lane road (which had barrier walls on each side, I assume they were on a bridge) potentially endangering the lives of everyone on board the bus. But he did not aggressively pursue the perpetrator, instead he sat in his bus and waited for police to come and arrest the man for an attempted hit and run. Later the chief of police at the press conference COMMENDED the actions of the bus driver, because although this was a questionable move it was done appropriately and without any harm to others.

Your example is similar to that of someone who was beat up by a bully for 10 years in school and decided one day to get revenge so they went and accidentally drowned the bully during a revenge prank. Yes, they deserve manslaughter charges as they clearly did it out of rage and passion.

The 2 examples are COMPLETELY different and do NOT fall under the same presedence.

Please read more posts in the main chat thread as I am also updating my defence there and do not wish to type out my objection twice.

Thank you.
  8. Dronefly

Steam:
    I understand if i stood to gain something here such as "get my items back" or get that extra bills as a bribe payment. But it did not happen. Furthermore, I appealed the "trading with scammer" part here as not being fair. This upsets me more then anything. I have argued that point in the other thread (http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/scammer-pwned.2967/page-3)under post #50.
  9. Dronefly

Steam:
    Is this really how I deserve to be branded. Read it and tell me if the wording justifies what I did :

Additional Info from Administrators

Offense(s):
    Vigilante defrauding/extortion of a scammer and buying from a marked scammer (details)
  10. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    I don't understand why you're arguing with me, since I was basically taking your side.
  11. Dronefly

Steam:
    What I gather from that mark is that I am known scammer aider. Thanks for that whoever posted that.
  12. Dronefly

Steam:
    I am not arguing with you. I am putting my 2 cents to further argue your point. This is my appeal and I want the admins to know I am here and actively discussing this topic.
  13. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    I know, the bottom line comes down to: you scammed scammer, whatever your reasons were.
    Two people did it, one got marked. That's where I don't find this correct.
  14. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Hey Aces-- thanks for your feedback, but please leave this thread for info on this fellow's appeal. Feel free to comment on the other public thread in General Discussion, but this thread should be used for evidence and tracking the appeal itself between Dronefly and the other admins.

Thanks in advance.
  15. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    That's cool, you can delete my posts if you need.
  16. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    Some dude shot another dude because he looked suspicious

that's chill right?
  17. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    daemon, if you could resist, I was asking community admins to hold their opinions if they didn't have specific facts to present for this case. (The discussion thread is better for opinions on morality, etc, than the appeals thread. :) )
  18. Spyromancer

Spyromancer New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37815818
    Just because you got nothing material from this doesn't me you got no gain. Your prideful boasting of your actions proves that you gained immense personal satisfaction.
    Not like there's anything wrong in being selfish to begin with, especially if you realize other people are just as selfish as you.

I thought this was more along the lines of shooting a convicted murderer? Don't see where this line came from, unless I did some misreading of my own along the way.
  19. Dronefly

Steam:
    spyromancer, I ask that you move your personal opinions to the main thread. it is simply cluttering this appeal. Mattie has asked twice not to post personal opinions and only to post factual things here. I am taking this appeal seriously. I am not using it as an open forum to discuss what your opinion is versus mine. Feel free to talk about that part in the main thread where I am more open about my "opinions" and less about the facts I am trying to prove.
  20. Spyromancer

Spyromancer New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37815818
    And you're saying what I posted wasn't in the most part factual?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.