1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is it even worth the time?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Fluffeh Bunnehs, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Fluffeh Bunnehs

Fluffeh Bunnehs New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44462529
    Long story short, contacted by a phisher on outpost who was mass posting links to his phishing tool and was promptly banned. What I would like to know, is is it even worth the time to compile the scam report, as its an account clearly designed for phishing. It's a new F2P account with nothing in their backpack and no friends or anything which can connect them to another account.
    Thanks in advance : )
  2. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13772726
    I'm pretty sure it is worth the time. But I am uncertain. Make one and see how it goes from there
  3. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Well, filing the scam report might have taken just as long as asking whether to file it. :) You just get an outpost link, copy his SteamID identifiers from steamrep.com and post it. :)

If you report it, we can be sure he doesn't re-use the alt again later. It's not going to do a lot of good, but it might help 1-2 people who might see links he left behind somewhere. Hard to say.
  4. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    You could also report it in two seconds on OP, since they are affiliated with SR and submit bans on a very regular basis this would work too.

By report I mean just the "report" feature, OP Admins are on the ball and generally sort such things out.
  5. Fluffeh Bunnehs

Fluffeh Bunnehs New User

Steam:
    Okes, submitting a report. Thanks guys : )
  6. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13772726
    No problem :)
  7. Fluffeh Bunnehs

Fluffeh Bunnehs New User

Steam: