1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198079862586 - (°CLØcky Bѳxy° (Old PC back!) / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by °CLØcky Bѳxy°, Feb 6, 2019.

1. °CLØcky Bѳxy°

°CLØcky Bѳxy° Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59798429
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198079862586 (°CLØcky Bѳxy° (Old PC back!))

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    http://prntscr.com/mhhbvq

| steamname: I'm Clocky, I Lost My Acc
    | steam3ID: [U:1:218280057]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:109140028
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198178545785
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/IlostMySteamAccount
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198178545785

Alternate (temporary) account that I used for a small while when I couldn't log-in to my original account due to a parent forgetting their e-mail password, I might've not been able to log into it because I had changed e-mail adresses, I couldn't log in probably due to Steam changing at that time, and they might've requested an e-mail verification code to be verified, which at the time, couldn't be due to not being able to visit the inbox.​

Appeal description:
    Hello there! I would like to have my SteamRep ban ( BANNED BY SR ) tag removed ,my account had been compromised for approximately 2 days, a friend of mine, Korato, had reported me for having my account compromised and for Impersonation with intent to defraud, which was not me, but the hacker that had taken over control of my account. The hacker has been taken down thanks to Korato's cooperation with you and your team, my friend's report can be found here: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198839150718-none-no-items.187765/

First image is proof that the hacker changed my credentials, which means E-Mail, account password, and the Steam Mobile Authenticator were all removed by them.
    Last image shows where the hacker was from (Phillipines), and that my e-mail adress had been changed. Small notepad was put over name because that is my real log-in name, if seriously required, I will upload a version without it.

Third image shows something pretty strange - I couldn't see my profile, like if it was banned or something, I still don't understand how this is possible, but after the hacker got banned, Steam Support had changed my credentials and gave me a new password, I could see my profile the way it was meant to be seen.

If this is seriously necessary, I am linking the help request that I have sent to Steam Support, which is now closed due to everything being fine. (except me having a SteamRep ban as of right now).

https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpRequest/HT-N745-92Y9-HKCV

Fourth image shows an e-mail that isn't the one that I use, but another one that has nothing in common with mine.

Fifth image is me filling the Help Request, and trying to log-in to my account with my original password, which says incorrect.

Sixth is a message that one of my friends sent me, about a day or so after I got hacked, I had added him on Discord and we've talked for a while, he had proved that he is himself, I will give out more details on the last screenshots to prove this.

Seventh screenshot is the beggining the help request, which I have linked in this post.

Eigth image shows me talking to one of my Steam friends, which is the one mentioned in the "Sixth Message" part of the post.

Screenshot 13 is the same as the sixth, only with all of the screen being shown instead, Screenshot_20190204-174004
    is the whole image that was opened from discord.

[​IMG]
    5596957_back.gif

Is the .gif file that the hacker showed me to prove that he was an "administrator".

Fourteenth screenshot is a small shot of the conversation that me and Korato had, telling me that I had gotten banned from SteamRep because of his report.

Screenshot 17 is part of the conversation that me and my friend had before we started talking on Discord.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065012539/

This is the profile of my friend that talked to me via E-Mail and Discord, just for some more proof.

If I somehow messed something up, please tell me, and I will try to explain with even more detail than before, if any more proof is needed, please tell me and I will try to get even more screenshots.​

Attached Files:

2. °CLØcky Bѳxy°

Steam:
    Oh, oh, hang on, this is the most important part, Korato told me that nobody can see the report except the specific account, so I'm giving the ceritification that they have successfully recovered the account and changed the credentials, it's at the bottom.

Attached Files:

3. °CLØcky Bѳxy°

Steam:
    Just read a few other Ban Appeal posts, and noticed that one of them had an administrator asking for the full Steam Support Ticket, the images below is the full Steam Support Ticket, with all of the parts of the ticket.

Attached Files:

4. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Please explain, in detail, how and when you got hijacked.
  5. °CLØcky Bѳxy°

Steam:
    Right, so it happened back in the 3rd of February, I was playing Team Fortress 2, when a friend of mine (that got hacked, λWolFFinE†, https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198125790408/ ) told me if he could talk to me for a second. He told me that he had accidentally accused me of having duplicated items, which, at the time, I didn't really know if it even was possible to have duplicated items (a few weeks ago, at the time, I traded some things for a Strange Bonesaw, in a website called Tradeit.GG, and I didn't really know if any of the items I have previously traded for in Tradeit.GG were duplicated (for reference, all of the strange weapons in my Steam inventory had been gotten via Tradeit.GG), so I just automatically trusted what λWolFFinE† was saying.), so I just trusted him, knowing that he had been my friend for a few years, but we never really talked to each other. I was honestly impressed that he was talking to me even though we haven't messaged each other in years, as well, but I didn't think about the possibility of him having his account hacked, or even the fact that there had been these account hackers that try to disguise themselves as Steam Administrators.

After he said stuff about "hope you don't get banned", and "sorry for reporting you, add this guy and see if you can get the ban out". (*or something like that, I really don't remember what he had said, but he did tell me to talk to the main account hacker, which is currently permanently banned.*) After adding the so called administrator, I talked to him about the situation and, I've got to say, even if the dude was using Google Translator to talk to me, he was pretty harsh in my opinion, saying something along the lines of "You do know that you can get banned for having duplicated items, right?", and "How do I know that you're not lying?". After the serious conversation passed, he started typing in lower case letters, without the first letter being upper case. He told me he wanted my Steam login name to check my previous bans, or something like that. He also told me to tell him my Steam Guard code (the one that you can only get via cellphone), and when that part arrived, I had to wait almost 2 hours til father could get me the code, because I don't really have a phone, and the authenticator was on his phone. The hacker said that he could wait, so, well, while I was on edge, I attempt to call my dad via the phone that really isn't a phone, I think that it's called a Landline, or something, correct me if I'm wrong, it's the type of phone that doesn't have applications, and is only used to call people.

When I finally managed to call my father, I told the hacker that I had gotten my father on the line, and while the hacker asked for the code, my father tried, well, he really tried, though. Tried to get the code, and I told the hacker the code, and he said that it was wrong, when my father had finally gotten the correct code, and when I told the hacker, he just said "OK!".

After that, a few seconds later, I think, Steam told me that my credentials have been changed. I found it strange, and didn't really feel that panicked, so I tried to log into my account, and I couldn't. I had tried multiple times the same password, and when I got to the third time, I had realized that I might have been hacked by the so called Administrator.

While trying to find a way to recover the account, I searched online "duplicated items", and what I got as a result from a discussion, was that nobody can really ban you for having duplicated items, as they do not exist. I think that it was said by one of Valve's employees, with the small yellow star next to their name.

After that, I accessed my e-mail, and I found out that my credentials had been changed, the password, the e-mail adress, and the phone authenticator. All of them had been removed, and it was stated in one of the e-mail messages from Steam, that the changes had been made in the Philliphines, so it really wasn't me.

While exploring possible options that I can use to recover my account, I found out that I can contact Steam Support for help, so I created a ticket explaining what had happened. After that, I waited for a response, a day or so later, not sure, I received another reply from Steam Support, stating that my credentials have been reset and that I could not trade in the Steam Market (which I don't really use), and linking me to view Steam's Account Security Recommendations.

After that, I had gained my account back.
  6. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello. I'm unable to grant this appeal, since we do not consider willingly giving out your credentials to another Steam user to be a form of hijacking.
    You are at all times responsible for your account and any actions by it; this is Valves stance, and this is also our stance.
    http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/ :
    https://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/
    If our policy changes, and only then, you will be welcome to make another appeal.
    Appeal denied.