1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to avoid scam in this situation

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by talawas, Apr 11, 2013.

1. talawas

talawas New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50681210
    So a guy offered me a decent deal on drodo, he offered to meet up and we would trade face to face.

I can guarantee my safety and the transaction will the sucessful.

My question is: Can he later report of hijacking then get his item back? Because we trade face to face, and in cash, I don't think I will have any proof that cash transaction take place.

Any tips?
  2. talawas

talawas New User

Steam:
    Any, is there any way he can scam me in this face-to-face trade?

I checked out his steamrep standing, he's good.

But he's recently changed his account from an old account of 12 month old (also in good standing on steamrep) - to this new account of 1 month old (also in good standing on steamrep)
  3. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Will he be using his own computer/laptop with that "face to face" trade? If yes, he wont be able to claim a hijack... well, not without everything made up at least.

Also, if any money trade would claim of "hijack" then valve would be quite busy banning around. Just keep in the trade window 1 side empty, for then its taken a money trade for valve.
  4. talawas

talawas New User

Steam:
    I will ask him to use his computer then, good idea, originally we were going to a internet cafe

I will ask him to show his trade history, hopefully the drodo itself is obtained by normal means
  5. talawas

talawas New User

Steam:
    Forgot to say thanks, appriciate it man