1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

[How to ?] Create a steamrep topic ?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Sexy Trashbag ♥, May 10, 2013.

1. Sexy Trashbag ♥

Sexy Trashbag ♥ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30175707
    Hi, I'm a trader for a longtime now and was scammed around twice. So now I'd really like to investigate myself into a trusted community. But despite the fact that I've read the chart and rules, I've seen nowhere to create these "steamrep topic". I'd really like to prove to the community that I'm a trustable trader. That would help me to do some better trade without having to get sometime scammed.

Sorry for my bad english but I'm pretty confused right here :D
  2. TommY

TommY Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5043065
    So, you mean you want a Green shield on your profile?
  3. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    To become part of a community, pick one, play on its servers, get the know the people and how the community functions. Eventually people who become known in communities may be considered for Admin positions, and besides being part of a community for a significant amount of time is the best way to build any sort of reputation, trading or otherwise.

As for avoiding being scammed, read the helpful guides here on SR, a ton of invaluable material there for those with the time to read them :)
  4. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    I believe what you are looking for is a reputation thread. Steamrep is a site that monitors and reports on scammers. they do not run or maintain reputation threads (they are known as "rep threads" as well). The only time you really need one of these is for trading outside the standard trade window (real world money trades and things of those nature). One of the communities that is popular for real world money trades is located on sourceop.com. You will have to trade on that community to get a rep thread set up and you can read through their forum section to get a better idea where and what to do. Don't just jump in and make a thread, instead read how others did it, see how others trade there and most of all try to follow their rules. Another site to consider is manncotrading.com They also have rep threads. there are a few more communities that have rep threads but I wont vouch for them as I have never used their sites and can not guide you accurately. Good luck and welcome to the trading community.