1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Lack of input from branches of SteamRep

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by ₪✗Fuckles✗₪, Mar 15, 2015.

1. ₪✗Fuckles✗₪

₪✗Fuckles✗₪ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:79629145
    Hi, I'm Anarchy. Lately it has really been upsetting me the lack of attention the MCT forums are receiving. I have not had another response on my ban appeal for 4 months. I realize the replies they give are at their own discretion but it is a bit annoying to wait this long to remove this roadblock from my steam profile. I am trying to be helpful and get any evidence or pictures needed to be appealed, one being that there was never an exchange of 4 keys between the opponent spycrabber, a middleman, or I. Proof of repayment is required to be unbanned. However in my case, there is no repayment to be given. I am missing out on some of my favorite things because of this lingering appeal. Such as betting on CS:GO games and having this SR ban be a major issue in becoming staff for community's. This is my ban appeal that has received no attention in 4 months. http://manncotrading.com/index.php?topic=5685.0
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    well, on SR we encounter that we have so many reports and appeals we can't handle them in a long time. So I actually consider 4 months a "quick" response compared with SR. However, the slow going of such an appeal is a different thing, for after a hour I've forgotten all details on any report or appeal. Seen too many of them.

As for your specific case, was there a MM or Admin involved at that time of the spycrab?

- I don't see a Sourcebans entry for you, there is only 1 ban recorded there, which was a SR plugin ban of a FoG banned user.
    - I didn't find any public report thread on the MCT forums.

I did find this youtube video with the notation that you disconnected while you where behind, exactly the opposite of your argument in your appeal.

Hitman Sparky likes this.
  3. ₪✗Fuckles✗₪

Steam:
    Evidence2? So there must be another video or why does it cut off? I came back and me and the boy were talking and I was aware of the server rule regarding disconnecting so I left and there was no exchange of items? opposite of my argument?
  4. ₪✗Fuckles✗₪

Steam:
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    MCT's sourcebans database is apparently empty. There was only 1 ban in it, and it was not their own. The user banned there was automatically banned by the plugin in the server, and it recorded it in the Sourcebans. That account was banned by FoG.

And yes, i've seen your appeal. I was looking for evidence threads, or your ban with notes on MCT. There was no such thing.

As for "evidence1" or whatever, I'm guessing that was for another case. no reference was there where I found it to it.
  6. ₪✗Fuckles✗₪

Steam:
    Okay, so what does this look like for my ban?
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
  8. ₪✗Fuckles✗₪

Steam:
    But MCT doesn't even give feedback, I added their head admin and tried to talk to him about their forum activity and what not. It's just annoying that they look at their own forums once every 3-6 months while all this people, myself included are restricted from many things that involve steam that shouldn't be linked to our ban. I can't bet on CSGO professional games because I "ran from like a $5 spycrab" over a year and a half ago. I know it's my fault but I added the person who I was spycrabbing with and he was being very stubborn and was telling me we needed to restart the crab which was pretty bullshit to me since I was winning. It's just annoying, I can't use any other site for any other game because of this and I'm trying to get it resolved but it seems as if MCT doesn't care, because they are rarely on their own forums. There is only an appeal every few days or so, for example, over the past 4 months there has only been like 20-25 appeals made. It's more than the average TF2 or CSGO community but it isn't that ahrd to take 30 minutes to an hour every few days to sit down and give some responses and try and help people out.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hey, I always think of it this way: if one can't be trusted with $5,- worth of items, one can't certainly be trusted with much more. As long as MCT is around, its their decision. And as its now documented here and findable outside of MCT, that you did a appeal, with the situation set wrong in the OP, it wont fly here either.

As this topic has flown as far as it will go, I'm archiving it.