1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198135329434 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Leftairplane076, Jul 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leftairplane076

Leftairplane076 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52366579
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198135329434 ()

Victim profile: 76561198064998887

What happened? Description:
    I was selling an unusual for 60 buds on outpost. A trader added me telling me that he wanted to buy my unusual for the price of 60 buds by buying buds off of other users on outpost with paypal money. He wanted insurance that he wouldn't be wasting his money on the buds without me actually trading him the hat after. He was paying my price which is usually hard to find so I complied. He continued to ask for a friend of mine whom I trusted so that he would know he would know the trade would happen. So I gave him the profile of my brother with whom he added. I assumed that I would be expected to give my brother the unusual so that I couldn't trade it to someone else while he collected the buds necessary. Then he got a friend of his to change his name to the same name as my brother except with a period at the end of the name so that after his name a (1) wouldn't show up. I didn't even notice that there was a period after his name. Then the worst happened and without even adding me to friends his friend sent me a trade request, I saw my brother's name and the picture without the period after his name and accepted the trade request and gave him the unusual. Then they both deleted me and after talking with my brother I realized what had happened.

I know it is not possible to return the item that was lost, but I was hoping to suggest a system to protect traders from being mislead. This option could be within steam setting normally turned off to the general user, to warn a trader that the player has recently change name/picture and gives previous alias of the player to ensure the identity of the player is correct. This option can be turned on to any player that wishes to trade with a higher level of security around their account and their trades.

After the incident had occurred, my steam had crashed. So after what already seemed like an unfortunate event got even worse when I figured out I couldn't find the chat logs since he deleted me and blocked me. I'm am trying to get in contact with steam so that I can get those chat logs between myself and this user http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198135329434 so that I can report him and his friend here http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198137746592 so that at least people in the future won't be scammed by the same way like I was now, and that no other trader is scammed like I am.

Thanks For Your time and any help you can do to fix this unfortunate situation​

Provide Evidence:
    And if you look at the aliases of the scammer's associate in scamming, he has a lot of names with periods after them. This means that I'm not the only person they're doing this to and it needs to be stopped.​

Attached Files:

2. Kato the Kewl Kid

Kato the Kewl Kid New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30063354
    Damn man a 60 buds unusual! this is great evidence hope you get your unusual back!
  3. Leftairplane076

Leftairplane076 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52366579
    Steam can't re-emberse me my unusual and I know it because he got it through a steam trade. I just hope that steam can find away of preventing these types of scams from ever happening again.
  4. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello, @Leftairplane076

Unfortunately, the screenshot of the agreement (In written format, such as chat from Steam) is vital for your report.

As such, I'll archive this.

Regardless, thanks for reporting!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.