1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Request to have historical data removed.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Ehhh, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Ehhh

Ehhh New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:90794448
    Rumor has it we can do that now, anything older than 30 days wiped with a little note up top saying it happened. If it wouldn't be too much trouble could i be enrolled in that?
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I myself, am unsure why we do not let users do this themselves automatically on SRs main site. It seems their is a lot of internal support for it. I know the technical side might be a few small issues implementing it, but anyone in the mean time, should be able to request this, hassle free, for themselves.
  3. You Are The One

Steam:
    This is a common request, I cant code (at all) and add it to the main SR site to be completely user controlled, something long term is the best option for this. But some of us are trying to throw something together here on the forums to privately request it and have admins add it manually to any users profile. (will need to be steam logged in to verify request is coming from account owner and not some random user trolling others, same as the long term solution)
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    We have something for limited deployment/testing live now to select forum based user-groups. Dont know exactly how long before open to general users(everyone), but will post back when that happens.
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    We created a link on the forums for users to request privacy op-out requests for their SteamRep profiles. Once submitted, that is all, you wont get any followup posts and you wont need to submit any followup posts. Providing a reason is optional and will be used to gauge future privacy oriented decisions for SteamRep. Updating a profile has to be done manually, so it may take a few days for your request to be acted on.

Note: Once submitted, you will no longer be able to submit additional requests. This is meant as a permanent status change that we will not be able to revert for you at a later time.

https://forums.steamrep.com/forms/profile-history-opt-out.19/respond