1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Request to remove historical data when my profile was public

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ;w;, Jul 16, 2019.

1. ;w;

;w; Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:116280915
    I saw that you can delete your historical data which is older then 30 days.
    I already commented under a post, i just openeded this discussion to make sure it will be seen :)

Since i often change my names, i feel pretty dumb about them.
    Thats why i would like to enroll that this new feature will be added for my steamrep profile

Thank you very much ;)
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Our historical snapshots are meant to help the community identify patterns of impersonation, so they can avoid scammers. The ability to opt profiles out of this history is intended as a compromise for those with real privacy concerns, such as stalking/harassment victims, who do not trade and have no interest in anything related to SteamRep. It's not there to help scammers (or traders who may one day become scammers) cover their tracks, so some admin discretion is expected before applying it. As such, opting out is not an option for people with confirmed or likely likely impersonations in their history, anyone with a history of impersonation scamming, known scammers and their alts (marked or suspected), unmarked profiles with pending scam reports, traders who may become scammers, or anyone exhibiting other red flags that they may abuse the feature. I'm sorry to say this, but you are not eligible for it.

As a PSA, anyone reading this thread should be aware that opting someone out of this is not an indication they are safe to trade with. Much like with donor tags - which today are often scammers despite our best efforts to screen them - we cannot guarantee the safety of anyone we honor this kind of request for. This in particular is intended for non-traders, so just seeing this on the profile of someone actively trading should be considered a red flag. If someone approaches you looking to trade, and has opted out of profile history on SteamRep, you should treat them as suspect.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. ;w;

;w; Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    I don`t care about trading, so i don`t care if it looks suspect that my names are removed. I just don`t want everybody to see my old names because they let me look really silly. Also the account is very old and i regret haveing such silly names.
  4. ;w;

;w; Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    The main idea is that nobody can stalk me, because as a girl, i already hat some problems with stalkers. I already thought of creating a new account because of that. I felt pretty releaved that steam rep now offers such a releaving feature after steam did it aswell.