1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Scammers are STILL using Steam Community Market to find players with valuable items by their profile

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by very_real_account, Feb 9, 2020.

1. very_real_account

very_real_account New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:532089094
    I'm hoping someone on this forum has contacts to steam to let them know at least.

there have been dozen cases of scammers finding victims from me from steam community market, I did some research and it's still possible to use market as tool to find victims.

this has been the case for a long time but it got onto steam's radar a few months ago and they are not using hashes on market anymore and changed images a bit, which makes it harder to reverse search. HARDER, not impossible. scammers found a solution to that already (asked my friends who study CS and they confirmed that it's not that hard to run similarity match on images)

It's user's responsibility not to get scammed but surely steam can do something about it, only way to take down scamming with avatars is to remove avatars from steam market, there's no point in having them there anyway!
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You have information pertaining to an issue with Steam/Valve you need to address it with them thru their contact us method.
    Would prob be wise to do so on your original account as well vs this new throwaway alternate account.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.