1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

This Website isn't Trustworthy

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Your Average Wooden Knob, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Your Average Wooden Knob

Your Average Wooden Knob Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:145999091
    I've had this stupid SteamRep ban for well over 3 years now, and it's a really annoying thing to have. I have not actively tried to trade on CS:GO (or any games for that matter) in at least 2 years, but thinking back on my ban, it's bullshit.

Firstly, I'd like to say that i never scammed anyone. I didn't make a dime off of my attempted scam, and that was the only time I've ever tried a scam. The only reason I tried it was because I myself had gotten scammed by the same thing, so I was stupid and tried to get my money back by doing it to others. By this point, though, most people knew what it was so nobody even tried to do it when I posted it. This was the only time I've ever tried something like this, and I very much resent scammers. One of my favorite things to do is mess with scammers that add me to waste their time.

Secondly, there was never any proof that I actually scammed anyone. Like I said, I didn't. I was told the reason that I would not have my ban lifted or at least have it changed to a temporary ban was because "there was no proof that I didn't scam anyone." Imagine that a cop saw someone take someones wallet, but then the wallet gets found but the owner never comes forward to report if money was stolen or not. Now imagine that the person who stole the wallet doesn't get just a small penalty for taking the wallet, but they are given the death sentence because it is assumed that they stole over $10 million dollars from the wallet. That should not be how things work, I should not be banned because I don't have proof I didn't do it. I should only be banned if you have proof that I did.

Lastly, even though I almost never visit this website and don't trade anymore, I know that this kind of stuff has to happen to other people. This website seems to go off of a "guilty until proven innocent" kind of system. Doing this is completely ass-backwards and there is a reason why systems do not run like this. Yes, I do think I deserved punishment for the attempted scam, but no, I do not think it should have been permanent.

And this is my reasoning of why I do not trust this website and advise anyone I talk to about trading to not go off of this website alone to find out if someone is a scammer. People just see that the person is banned on this website without checking why/how they were banned, and just assume they are a confirmed scammer.

I'd also like to add a note, I used to praise this website before I was permanently banned. That was before I realized how ridiculously the system works on here and how terrible the punishments are. If you're a friend of an admin, you're safe and will never get banned. If not, good luck not getting banned permanently for something that you may or may not have done.

I won't be responding to this thread either. Just need to post it.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    First off your tag you have isn't a tag from SR - its a FoG tag or issued from a Partner Community just to clear that up with anyone wishing to continue reading.

Ok so you feel an attempted SCAM that you failed to succeed at is not as bad as a SCAM you did succeed??
    The tag you got is clearly warranted since its purpose is to show a threat for others as a warning that wish to deal with you in the event you "Attempt" to SCAM them.
    Scamming or Attempting to SCAM just because you were scammed doesn't make it right...no idea why in the world anyone would think otherwise.
    I can't for the life of me see how the tag you got for the "Attempted" SCAM was what you consider "bullshit".. you just admitted it and in somewhat good detail as to why.

The tag you received is permanent since the appeal you submitted was denied - there is no question there, however in no way is it a form of punishment.
    The goal of the tag as I stated above is to warn others of the threat the tagged user has with past history showing that threat as you would call it "Attempted" SCAM.

The data is all there - in your case still very clickable and able to be read by anyone at any time. Same as with anyone tagged here - the reports are public and the evidence is there for someone to judge for themselves. We can't force users to take a moment and read but we do hope they do so. Take the time to research whomever they are about to trade with or communicate with. Again - the tag serves as a WARNING - at no time does it hinder your ability to process a trade thru the Steam Trading system that Valve has in place.

As for the friend of an admin being safe and so on... lots of talk with no proof of such a thing. I can assure anyone reading my reply here that what is done on this site is done in a very fair and consistent manner with regards when a tag is issued or removed.

That is good, I won't need to spend time replying and correcting such inaccuracies again.
    [M&C] TheBluekr likes this.