1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

What happened to the Online Fraud Prevention Foundation venture

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM, Aug 27, 2019.

1. [JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM

[JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44619298
    Been wondering since with the rise of ecommerce, mobile payment system (that allowed to send money via your phone), reloadable prepaid credit card, etc... on the rise which allowed online scammer to basically branch out and use new tactics to scam money out of people pockets, I kinda wondering why Online Fraud Prevention Foundation went silence hell your website stay at a "Copyright © 2017 Online Fraud Prevention Foundation" Which mean it never get updated and such.

I kinda wondering what happened?
  2. [JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM

Steam:
    Sorry if it off topic but being since the foundation is formed thru steamrep and the foundation never improved or updated, I think it best to ask here since it is the most active and reachable place to ask such question.
  3. [JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM

Steam:
    And I just searched the IRS tax exception database and yup the foundation is exempt from Federal income taxation but the site never stated it got tax exempt or declared as such.
  4. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Thanks for catching those old spots on the website-- I thought I updated that long ago! OFPF has been an approved/active 501c3 charity for a couple of years now. :)

As it's a very small charity with no employees and very few volunteers, cobwebs tend to form here and there. :( Most small nonprofits have these kind of problems, but I'm sad we've (I've) gotten behind on a bunch of stuff.

Our 501c3 status does mean that donations are typically tax deductible for U.S. donors. We (obviously!) welcome donations to help support further fraud prevention and anti-scam education.