1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Why do you not cover "Reported for Duped items" "Tf2 Mini tourament/csgo tourament" Scams?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by popypoplandpoppopy, Aug 16, 2020.

1. popypoplandpoppopy

popypoplandpoppopy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:126826005
    Your the biggest data base for when it comes to steam users, and i would like to ask why you dont cover these type of scams? As they are the must common to me and i would say as to others as well.
  2. λdaloss

λdaloss Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55323432
    I've never heard of the mini tournament scams, but I have heard of the, "Sorry I accidentally reported you for having duped items" spiel.

The duped items report scam is a hijack attempt. Your friend is most likely hijacked and should be reported to Valve ASAP.
    A report to SR isn't absolutely needed, but if it's a friend you can if you want to. Though they have to prove that it wasn't them that tried to scam you.
    Going to refer to a earlier post from last year:

Someone asked if you should report them to SR. This was the response they got from Horse.
    They don't cover the duped items report scam so widely because the only evidence they can go off of is anything the victim managed to get for evidence; and it's very little of what vagueness they can go off of in this situation.