1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Wondering about Gifts revoking/Stolen items

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by AbdullahEGY, Feb 21, 2014.

1. AbdullahEGY

AbdullahEGY New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:67820793
    Hello community ,

I've two questions please ..

1) What would happen if I bought a gift for items in the steam trading window , and then the gift was revoked while it was in my inventory .. will I still get an alert that it was revoked like if I've the game activated in my library ?? If no , Then I should write down what I've in my inventory or what ?

2) That one I'm caring about it more , what if I traded with somebody and then I traded the items with another guy and the first guy recovered his gift or his items were stolen and got charged-back , then the second guy will have his items " that he got from me " recovered ? .. If so he will contact steam support and he will get his items back which he traded with me for the stolen items .. then now I lost the items or what can I do in this case ??

I wish you understand me " specially the second one because I think I wrote it in a weird way :D " , and sorry for my language but I'm not a native speaker

Thanks in advance :)
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    1. When trading for something entirely in steam, you can reclaim lost items. Say you traded for a game, and gave TF2 items for that. you can contact steam support to reclaim your items. Steam support will then give you a copy of those items back. Depending on the accounts between those items may be deleted on the account that does the chargeback or its alts.
    2. Above answers that I think.

I advice to trade for games per game, so if 1 game gets revoked, its not a issue with support about how much of what items are to be restored etc. If trading multiple games, to support the items have no "market" value that it has outside steam.
    AbdullahEGY likes this.
  3. AbdullahEGY

AbdullahEGY New User

Steam:

Thanks for your reply , but I think you didn't get what I mean ..

I mean if the game in my inventory how could I know if it got revoked ? like if I've 50 game in the inventory then ._.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    As far as I know, it should pop a message to you.

I'm not really sure, for I have no way to "test" this etc, and I've not heard of such that specific etc.

Sounds to me that Steam support can better be asked. Or maybe HelenAngel can quickly find out about it....
    AbdullahEGY likes this.
  5. AbdullahEGY

AbdullahEGY New User

Steam:

Okay thanks and wish Helen can make it fine for me because this really worries me ._.
  6. artiiii

artiiii New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78048633
    Yeah it is like SilentReaper said.