1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Would be this possible?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Miss IceCream ♪, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Miss IceCream ♪

Miss IceCream ♪ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:28114453
    Dear admins,

Hello. I'm writing to the admins for a petition.

I'd like my historical data to be cleared because i want to keep my privace. I don't want to anyone to know who i was.
    I'm not a scamer, i'm don't even know much about trades. So let's leave that.

Please, i'll be seeing this topic for any new messages from you.
    Thanks
    Bye

PD: Am i being very formal? :p
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    We dont remove historical data, all data collected is provided publicly via the steam api. Even if we did remove the data, some profile data, no matter an accounts privacy settings, would still be distributed by the api. If we did accept this request, we then would have to continually field out requests for other users (some may be scammers) and/or the same user over and over, something we wont do nor would we hard code a specific profile from being updated. It also would still be available via dozens of other profile sites.

Edit: also ref: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/expanded-faq-recommended.7263/#post-98203
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I have just now updated that specific entry for this topic.
  4. Zerfenus

Zerfenus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35263883
    How does this affect SR?
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Prob nothing since I believe SteamRep.com is a domain hosted in the US. Keep in mind the data is pulled from the "STEAM API" which is from Valve itself and anyone signing on to use Valve software has to agree upon many many many rules and conditions or TOS etc etc so their data is written to it and stored as soon as they click that little "I Agree" button.
    People should read all the fine print before they play games...ohh wait that would require "Reading", nvm.
  6. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    It wouldn't. From what I can tell they mean personal data for example where someone lives. Also this only effects companies in Europe and SR is based in America
  7. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Not to mention Steam name is public already and is under a false alias anyway
  8. Miss IceCream ♪

Miss IceCream ♪ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:28114453
    Ohh fair enough then, i didn't have in mind the contract agreement stuff. I'm sorry >.<
    It's just that in the Steam webpage, it isn't provided an historical data of old nicks, just a couple of recent ones.
    But now i've read the updated faq and understood. Thanks for answering my question :)
  9. Pringles

Pringles New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53215696
    If you are trying to stay quite, I don't see why anyone would look you up on Steamrep.