1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

wrong email for paypal

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by TntGuy, Aug 29, 2014.

1. TntGuy

TntGuy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42428196
    i did a trade with i7|Jing and i put the wrong email
    the trade was for my chains of black death set for pudge and 2 immortals for $25.70 but i put the wrong email for my paypal can someone help me?
  2. Nature

Nature New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37758375
    Tell him to cancel the payment and resend it to your new email, just hope the new paypal email is unclaimed
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    We had this situation in the past as well.

Cannot cancel payment. If the email exists, the recipient can claim the money. Cancelation takes 30 days or something like that, and during that time the buyer is out of their money.

Our advice is:
    - Buyer waits till his money gets returned to him or when it gets claimed.
    - Buyer does NOT pay at any time to the real address till the issue with the wrong pp mail address is solved!
    - Seller has to hold the item till this dispute is solved. In the case of MM usage, the MM holds the item(s).
    - WHEN the buyer gets his money back, only THEN he pays to the right address to exchange for the item, or can cancel the trade for it taking too long.
    - If the money gets claimed, the seller can be suspect of a scam, for that may be intentionally etc.

Other tips:
    - Do NOT disclose at any time to anyone what the wrong email was.
    - Buyer can send a email to that address to check if the email actually exists, if it does not exists, he'll get a "Delivery failure notification" or some like that. Takes 1-3 days before that gets back to sender of email.
  4. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483