1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

A scammer accessed my account and used it to scam

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by LegoVader LyveRaffle.com, Feb 26, 2020.

1. LegoVader LyveRaffle.com

LegoVader LyveRaffle.com New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:182896879
    So my friend, who had access to my account, used my account to scam people. One of those people has reported me here. I am not a scammer, I never thought of scamming, and my friend has betrayed my trust for doing that. I already told steam support about the incident because i really don't want to get banned. I know that some of you might not believe me, but I don't know what can I do to not get banned. The victim doesn't believe me, which is fine, that is why I came here to ask you this question. Will i get banned for scamming because all the evidence is pointing against me?

Thank you if you even found this thread.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You are responsible for your account at all times, that is Valve's stance that is ours.
    You have not been reported here at this time. If a report is submitted you have 24hours once it was created to respond to it and state your case.
  3. LegoVader LyveRaffle.com

Steam:
    Hello, I have said that one of my friends has used my account to scam. Well it wasn't true, a scammer, I don't know who, has used my account to scam. Luckily he didn't scam anyone. Now I have a question, will i get banned because of this?
    If you answer the question, can you please tell me the chance of getting banned? Thank you.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Please stop making other threads for the same thing you already asked and got an answer for.
    I merged that older thread with this one and I already answered you.
    Is there a problem with the answer I gave?
  5. LegoVader LyveRaffle.com

Steam:
    no, i just wanted to know if the answer will be the same. sorry for bothering