1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Chat Logs

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ⚡Mr Muff⚡, Apr 5, 2017.

1. ⚡Mr Muff⚡

⚡Mr Muff⚡ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:128418912
    Well, so Originally I was going to get more evidence on a scam attempt before, however we can't go back to our chat logs. What is the best way to avoid losing your chat log history or bring it back
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  3. ⚡Mr Muff⚡

⚡Mr Muff⚡ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:128418912
    Why didn't valve include a feature where we can go back to our chat logs? It won't hurt any ones privacy and it will be more beneficial to catch scammers...
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Beats me - ask them
  5. Harkon ! PINS FOR SKINS !

Harkon ! PINS FOR SKINS ! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:89382585
    I am not sure how steamrep handles screenshots taken with the steam app but most of your old chat is visible in the steam app. Depending on how much you chatted with someone you can even read chats from years ago.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Mobile shots are difficult to accept unless they have date and time stamps on them and are complete fro start to finish.
    Some devices won't show date/time on the messages which we can't verify against the other evidence. Preferred method is following the screenshot guide in my signature and doing full screenshots from a PC.
  7. Pr3Ci510n

Pr3Ci510n New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:93556151
    Still, that's f✿✿✿✿✿✿ bullshit. I literally took pictures of chat logs from my report and it still got rejected. What the f✿✿✿ is wrong with you?
  8. Pr3Ci510n

Pr3Ci510n New User

Steam:
    I WAS ACTUALLY SCAMMED BY THE MIKA MORON IN MY REPORT. I'M TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE AVOID GETTING SCAMMED BY A DUDE WHO SCAMMED ME AND YOUR BOT ASS REJECTS IT EVEN WHEN I USED LOGS FROM MY f✿✿✿✿✿✿ PROFILE AND I HAD COMPLETE PROOF YOU s✿✿✿. WHAT THE f✿✿✿.
  9. Pr3Ci510n

Pr3Ci510n New User

Steam:
    I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to close the chat logs before I reported and the dude blocked me and I can't re-add him.

How will I get the raw chatlogs from the Steam app when he purposefully did that s✿✿✿.
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  11. Pr3Ci510n

Pr3Ci510n New User

Steam:
    Here's the thing. I did show proof of the chat logs via "steam support > my account > data related to my account > friend chat messages".

I didn't use Inspect Element at all and the original chat log is closed. The moron blocked me and I don't know how to reopen it.
  12. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Friend chat messages are not acceptable evidence ALONE. They work well when paired with full screen, uncropped and unedited complete screenshots as an extra layer of evidence to back up a claim. But they don't work if those are all someone has to provide. Too many things can go wrong with GFM's, original chat screenshots from within the steam client are the most reliable and are harder to fake.

I encourage you to read over the screenshot requirements which has been linked to you already and is in this thread. https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  13. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    For appeals, they are acceptable.
  14. Pr3Ci510n

Pr3Ci510n New User

Steam:
    I sent a trade offer to the scammer on accident and found out that it reopened the chat logs with him and took screenshots.

I have reposted the report and also found two others (one who commented on his profile) where the same process happened to them.
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin: