1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Complete lack of service from a branch of SteamRep

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ₪✗Fuckles✗₪, Oct 13, 2015.

1. ₪✗Fuckles✗₪

₪✗Fuckles✗₪ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:79629145
    I'm here to ask questions about what in the world is going on. About a year and a half ago I believe I scammed someone for 4 keys in a spycrab in TF2. One of the worst mistakes I've ever made. Now I am in this huge mess and can't get out. I was banned by MCT shortly after I was reported. At first this did not really affect me so I did not make an appeal on MCT until about a year ago. When I made the post I was responded to about 2-6 weeks after posting I believe and within 2-3 days I replied back to the admin of the site. I have not had a single response since. I understand they can only process at their own discretion but really... I have had it up for a year and its not like they have hundreds of appeals to handle. Now recently I have gotten banned by many of the CS:GO community servers I use and it is angering me alot. Now when I try to go back to the MCT website it just says account suspeded and the website is no more I guess. So how am I supposed to get unbanned so I can utalize these servers once again when the site is not up and they do not even respond to appeals. I understand what I did was wrong and I was pretty stupid back then, especially since I'm stuck in this mess. If someoen could please give me hepful responses or if the man branch of steamrep could assist me with appealing this I would appreciate it.
    -Thanks for taking the time to read and or respond
  2. ₪✗Fuckles✗₪

Steam:
    I added an old MCT admin and he said SteamRep has I guess "booted" them out of the picture so now how am I supposed to get my tag taken down? I think I'm going to make on appeal here on the main forum.
  3. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Don't make an appeal here, you only have a set amount of appeals you can make. Wait until an SR admin sees and responds to this.
  4. ₪✗Fuckles✗₪

Steam:
    Okay, unfortunately I already made it before reading your post because an MCT admin, although it is no longer a branch of SR, pointed me to just attempt to appeal ti on the main SR page.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    We are very much aware of what is going on with MTC and a few other communities that appear to have fallen to the wayside..... I wish I could provide more info than that but it is very much known and we apologize for the problems thus far. That is about as much as I can give ya right now besides hanging a MTC Pinata to whack on.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. ₪✗Fuckles✗₪

Steam:
    Well Horse, do you think this problem will be able to be resolved with me here on the main site? Or at least in the near future?
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    unlikely no and yes we hope.
  8. ₪✗Fuckles✗₪

Steam:
    So where would I have to go to solve this? If I can't go to the people who banned me? I guess since you don't know much either you couldn't tell me much but I just wanna get this solved. I've been waiting for a year for my appeal on MCT it's just kind of a long time to wait if you understand where I'm coming from. Would you mind if I added you on steam?
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Adding me on steam won't help your situation.... I'm afraid I can't tell you much more at this time.
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Their is an internal thread (over a month old) discussing the issue. I have "bumped" the thread asking SR to make a decision regarding the community.
    For now, I am acting under current policy that they are still an active community and invalidating appeals and referring them to MCT.
    I will make sure SR will post an announcement when they decide what to do with their status and appeals of their tags.

Edit: they are not a branch of SR, they are a partner community.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  11. ₪✗Fuckles✗₪

Steam:
    Okay You Are The One, thank you. If they do end up still being a part of the community or what not their site will be back up correct? Also, if they do stay with SR, I'm just saying that they need to be more efficient about taking care of appeals, the fact that it took several weeks for a single response isn't all too bad but then not responding for 10-11 months is ridiculous. They just ignore everyone it feels like.
    Roudydogg1 and You Are The One like this.
  12. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    They stopped caring about ban appeals way before their site was down, lol..
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I talked with Secret Taco (Owner of MCT), he said he was looking for a new host for the site (having problems with their previous), but that he was currently working on average 50ish hours a week and hence not much time to arrange stuff.

As for appeals etc not being handled etc, there where a bunch of admins that decided to leave MCT. Since then, MCT didn't gain new admins, and work being done there has fallen back.

MCT is not a "branch" of SteamRep. Partner communities of SteamRep aren't "branches" of us, they are communities of their own, and those decided to cooperate with us in the fraud prevention, and have been working with us at such a level that they get their own ban tags here on SteamRep.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  14. ₪✗Fuckles✗₪

Steam:
    Thank you SilentReaper for clearing that up, I am aware they were a bit short handed on admins but there were countless times I go on to some of the admins profiles and they have 20-50 hours of gameplay in the past two weeks or something of the sort. But it's just kind of ridiculous to me that they ca't take at least 1-2 hours on a weekend or weekday to answer appeals. Like there would be one admin who would work on maybe 10 appeals at a 3 month passing period which is a little bit overkill. I understand it is at their discretion but if they are going to be able to ban people for their wrong doings, people should be able to fix their mistakes and have second chances. And that fact that I have already been waiting a year to do things like bet on csgolounge and use some community servers etc, just kind of pisses me off. So if you could please post hear when you know more I would appreciate it. Thank you all.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  15. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Don't get your hopes up, does not look promising.
  16. ₪✗Fuckles✗₪

Steam:
    About what? Whether MCT stays as part of the community or leaves? I could honestly care less. But if they do leave then won't you guys here on the main page/group be able to help us with appeals?
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Well, we don't know if they are going to be back or not. Its been under discussion by SR staff, can't say much more.
  18. ₪✗Fuckles✗₪

Steam:
    Ahh yes, I understand that. However you said for me not to get my hopes up, what exactly was that directed towards? Like don't get my hopes up about being helped with my ban once it's resolved? That's what I got a bit worried about, if you meant that.
  19. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Afaik he meant regarding MCT coming back up.