1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Confused on where to go with a few steamrep-related questions I have

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Doorbell, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Doorbell

Doorbell Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:83441696
    Hello, not trying to ask any of said specific questions here (as is mentioned in the general forum FAQ), more so just asking: where's the best place I can go to talk to someone with steamrep live? There's a bunch of things I'm kinda confused on and I'm not sure where to go. I've seen some mentions of PM'ing staff if necessary, but I wouldn't want to accidentally take up someone's time who might be busy with other things, just looking to be easy to work with. Sorry if this isn't the best place for this question, just not sure where else to go.
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Generally, volunteer staff don't talk to users 'live'. If you have questions that are not covered or restricted by the FAQ and guidelines, you are more than welcome to ask them here. Even better, in the Ask A SteamRep Staff Member thread. Asking your question in the forums allows for better documentation, and if another user has similar questions in the future, they may save some time by searching for answers here. That said, if you wish to PM a staff member regarding something of a private nature, feel free to message me. Keep in mind that we cannot help process or discuss specific reports or appeals just because we receive a message about it.
  3. Doorbell

Doorbell Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:83441696
    The main thing I could ask about here is regarding my current situation: I was banned in February 2017 through Harpoon Gaming, in which they initially banned another account (a relative's account using the same connection as me), and as it seems SteamRep thought I was an alt account of theirs, and I was banned at the same time. Just a few days ago I read on an FAQ here that if steamrep falsely finds someone's account to be an alt, it can be disputed here. So, given that I was banned for being a suspected alt, as well as through Harpoon Gaming, which should one solve first? Appealing to Harpoon Gaming directly, or on steamrep, clearing up a false alt accusation? And sorry if something here is wrong, I've read through the FAQs a few times trying to get everything down, but I can still easily mess something up.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691